Sump removal ?

Jbelly

Reaction score
Hi, our 2.0t has been on Longlife servicing until we got it and I've been reading about the oil pick up getting clogged up, so as i like preventative maintainence I thought I'd whip the sump off and fit a new pick up pipe.

The car is a 2006/7 Sportback 2.0t manual Quattro is it a fairly straightforward job ? Any pointers appreciated ;-)

Thanks James

yes just normal sump off and re-seal. All the pickup pipe fixings are easily accessible. I'd do it, had issues with this myself.

Reactions: Jbelly
Yeah done mine at home on the floor.
Straight forward unbolt clean off and reseal.
Mine had been on longlife servicing but the pickup was clean as a whistle.
I changed it anyway

Cheers guys, I'm ok with the spanners but haven't had a chance to even have a look myself.

I've prised the car off swmbo next week so that's good to hear that it's a straight off job :)

Thanks

The only thing you'll need is a long 5mm Allen key so you can access the bolts between the sump and the gearbox.
From memory it needs to be at least 4" long and ball ended

Cheers Marshy, I've got some long ones but not ball end, I'll check it out before getting stuck plus I've got my van to shoot out and get one ;-)

Sorry I forgot to ask, what's the oil capacity for the 2.0t with a filter change ?
Thanks

From memory it about 4.5 litres but if you remove the sump and clean it out maybe 4.6L