b7 RSNE SAT NAV CODE?

fmc

Reaction score
I have a Audi Sat nav system in a 2004 54 1.8t i want to move offer to a 07 S line,

Isit a straight forward simple swap? or will there be coding and pins required for the headunits involved?

Thanks

Coding of the RNS-E will only need changing if the new car has different options in this list - CD changer/iPod interface, MFSW, BT phone kit, TV tuner, Bose, Aux In - see Audi Radio/Navigation System (RNS-E) - Ross-Tech Wiki

Coding of the instruments will need changing to make the NAV instructions appear in the DIS - see Channel 62 here Audi A4 (8E) Instrument Cluster (8EC/8ED/8HE) - Ross-Tech Wiki

What OE radio does the 07 S-Line have? If it's a double DIN series II+ radio then it will also have a Quadlock connector and a double Fakra antenna connector, but as the pinouts on the RNS-E are slightly you will need to move the K-line and the Bose wire (if it has Bose). If it has a double DIN series II radio then you'll need both a wiring adapter and an antenna adapter.

Thank you.
Turns out the 07 already had nav but was removed so was a really simple installation

You've been very helpful
Thanks

sorry to jump onto the post. i have a b7 single din with steering wheel control . just purchased a double din RSNE i have the new cage etc . just need help adaptors ariel and quadlock adaptor i need ... help