Intercooler pipe problem

S3Hendry

Reaction score
I believe I have a problem with the intercooler pipe which connects the two intercoolers..it's a s3 8l apy

On either end of the intercooler pipe there is a smaller branch and where this branch is welded to the main pipe, it would appear the welding has cracked and there is a small hole. (Passenger side)

I've included the pic below where it shows I can easily slip a screwdriver through the corroded area of the pipe

http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/audisport6/media/imagejpg1_zpsd21d0e4f.jpg.html]
imagejpg1_zpsd21d0e4f.jpg
[/URL]

what are my best options for repairing this?

the car feels a bit flat at times, will I loose a lot of power because of this issue?

That 'hole' looks to be in the support bracket rather than the charge pipe its self... smoke test will confirm...

If its a hole in the actual charge pipe you will potentially lose power... with the warmer weather and you being on std SIMCs and assuming you have at least a stage 1 map then feeling 'flat' is normal as intake air temps will be higher in the warmer weather and the ECU pulls timing when intake temps go over 30 degrees to protect the engine... end result is less torque and consequently feel flatter

<tuffty/>

Ah the support bracket, we'll hopefully that's all it is, as you said a smoke will give me the answers, no stage 1 ATM am afraid, I'm desperate for one