A3 1.8T sport, opinions & advice, strip, scrap, sell

Emmo

Reaction score
My old A3 1.8T was bought by my friend who's now owned it for approximately 5 years and is looking to replace it for an 8P S3.
As the car no longer has an MOT he's undecided what to do with the car. The car isn't worth much anymore and may need work to get through the MOT.
I've suggested stripping and selling for parts maybe a better way of getting rid of it, but he doesnt have the time or tools to sell it in parts. Can anyone advise on this? If a car is stripped for parts can the car be scrapped afterwards or does it need to be taken to the scrapyard or will they collect?

What does everyone think is the best thing to do with it? He's toyed with keeping it as a track car but can't justify the extra expense. Car spec is as follows.

2001 X reg facelift 1.8t sport in metallic black.
18" RS4 alloys,

163k miles
AUM engine with stage 1 map.
Autobahn silicone hose kit,
Uprated 007 type diverter valve.
Replaced all 4 coil packs,
Replaced MAF,
Common failing rubber hoses and breather pipes have been replaced.

Remus Catback stainless exhaust system.
Fully tinted windows.

Mechanically the car is in good shape, still pulls really well, engine runs smoothly and there is no smoke.

If it metal and scrap someone will come and collect it.
I stripped a car to its shell, no engine, doors or wheels etc and still got £50 for it and they lifted it out of my garden on to a flat bed.
Strip it because its worth f-all without an MOT.
The parts are definitely worth something.
If you start down the road of a track car be prepared to spend, spend, spend.

Keep on topic please... if the vultures continue to circle I will lock the thread

<tuffty/>