Audi Screenwash?????

AshA4

Ash
Reaction score
OK so I may be stressed moving house and have 2 kids and a wife that don't listen to a word I say....

But I went to Cardiff Audi today to pick up my two bottles of VAG screen wash (1ltr Grey bottle) as normal (love the smell and the way it keeps me screen clean and at around £8 inc VAT for two, a pretty decent price imho)
Anyway the guy comes out with this 500ml black bottle, "what's that?" I ask him "Audi Screen wash sir" "How much is that then as its half the size?" I say "Um (looks at sheet) £5" "so its half the size and cost more? you can keep it thanks very much" (walk away leaving parts guy sat there with his mouth wide open....

WTF just don't get this kind of thing, now I know it is minimal, but come on?

This is the new one Audi Accessory:

I will be getting the "old one" from eBay in bulk (from a Skoda dealer at £3.50 per bottle delivered) Genuine SEAT / VW / Audi / Skoda - Screenwash G052164M2 - 10X 1LITRE BOTTLES | eBay

Rant over......

Reactions: jimojameso, kanecullen89 and Sandra
Why not just buy proprietory screen wash from Halfords? Does the OEM wash contain special properties?

Reactions: T3nnant
@JDP, I use the genuine stuff too, no idea what is in it but its just about the best I have ever used, and the smell isn't unpleasant either.

If it isn't broke don't fix it. There's no need for them to change it.
Probably some kind of manager is saving audi 30p a bottle or something and is looking for a promotion

I used to use the genuine stuff but switched to the quantum screenwash from TPS, same quality as the Audi stuff and you don't pay for the Audi badge.

If it isn't broke don't fix it. There's no need for them to change it.
Probably some kind of manager is saving audi 30p a bottle or something and is looking for a promotion

It is just daft 1ltr was £3.50 plust VAT = £4.20 x 2 = £8.40 for 2 litres
The new one is £5 for 500ml so would cost £20 for 2 litres

More than double the price.....

I use the one from Lidl, its VAG friendly and is about £5 for 5 litres, smells nice and includes antifreeze too that goes down to -60!!!

Have used it for years and its very good.

Worth a try guys and it has great reviews on the net too :)

Reactions: Sandra
I use the one from Lidl, its VAG friendly and is about £5 for 5 litres, smells nice and includes antifreeze too that goes down to -60!!!

Have used it for years and its very good.

Worth a try guys and it has great reviews on the net too :)

Mines got headlamp washers so I go through ALOT of fluid... Just get what's out the front of Aldi at the time of walking in generally!

Whats the Aldi one like, havent seen or heard about that one....is it any good?

I think the Lidl one is good for the VAG cars due to some of them having the fan jets and them not blocking up.

Whats the Aldi one like, havent seen or heard about that one....is it any good?

I think the Lidl one is good for the VAG cars due to some of them having the fan jets and them not blocking up.

To be honest, I don't look... I just grab the large 10 litre ready mixed ones for £4 when they're there. I use them alot and have always on all previous cars.

Triple QX from Eurocarparts. 25lts of concentrated wash, makes up to 100lts, bought it well over a year ago for about £15, 3 cars in the household and I've hardly made a dent in it. Drum won't fit on the shelf though, it lives outside beside the wheelie bin.

I am an absolute whore for genuine Audi parts, but I have to say I draw the line at genuine screenwash lol. I pretty much just use whatever. Although I have used the genuine stuff before and I do admit it does have a lovely smell to it.

I am an absolute whore for genuine Audi parts, but I have to say I draw the line at genuine screenwash lol. I pretty much just use whatever. Although I have used the genuine stuff before and I do admit it does have a lovely smell to it.

Im with you on that one it does have a goooood smell to it lol

Reactions: s3_trev