Air box fan staying on

IANF67

Reaction score
Hi folks
went out to find my b6 cab as dead as a dead thing this morning, began by attaching jump leads which got it goin but noticed the motor inside the air filter box starting and stopping constantly. I didn't even know it had a fan in there lol. Is there anything I can do. Can I disconnect it? Do I need it working?
Any help is most welcome
cheers

Don't think there is a motor in the air filter box. It is literally a box for the air filter.

I could be missing something then but it definitely sounds like a mini hairdryer coming from inside the box

Is it petrol? Might have an auxiliary air injection system.

My old Vectra used to have a air injection system that pumped air into the exhaust manifold.

Deffo have a fan spinning in the air filter housing. Booked in on Friday morning. Anyone know what it does?? Does it have a relay or a sensor that might be at fault ?

Cheers

Turns out it's the secondary air injection fan. Needed a new relay. It's under the ecu which is under the plastic shroud at bottom of windscreen on the drivers side. Just incase anyone else has the same problem

Cheers

Is it just petrols that have this or diesels as well...... My car is making the same hair dryer sound intermittently when turned off..... 1.9 tdi