6th gear, clutch slip?

AK47UK

Reaction score
Yesterday something strange happened, I was in 6th gear, my foot was on the dead pedal so clutch was fully engaged, got to 3-4k revs and all of a sudden revs went up quickly as if the clutch was disengaged. Does this sound like the clutch is slipping? Is the best test to try and pull off in a higher gear?

Cheers

That's annoying, only on 36k and has been driven sensibly but the previous owner may have driven it differently. Any ideas on how much it costs to replace and is it worth getting an uprated clutch?

I had a similar problem a few years ago on my Seat Leon which was mine from new, and I definitely know how to not burn a clutch out... so it might just be bad luck due the generally poor VAG clutch...

Reactions: AK47UK
Guess I will start saving now then, didn't expect anything big to need replacing this early :(

Also, just a thought, I know it is a wear item but as the car has full Audi history might they cover part of the cost as goodwill? I bought the car second hand and private.

I have only noticed it slipping once or twice so for now I guess it's best to just drive it and pay attention.

Last edited: