Audi A3 2004 TDi

hotfuss73

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm new to this so please bear with me!

My cigarette lighter stopped working at the weekend and I need it for charging phone/sat nav etc. I checked the fuse box and the no.24 for cigarette lighter was blown. I bought and replaced the fuse with the correct 20A fuse and still the cigarette lighter doesn't work.

Does anyone know what I can do about this please? I am a relative novice when it comes to cars but I do love my Audi!

Cheers,
Ali.

Reactions: Sandra
Hi Ali, welcome to audi-sport.net. I have moved this post into the A3 8P section. The boys may be able to help with your issue. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Reactions: hotfuss73
Check that nothing metallic has dropped into it and shorted it out. Check fuse again.

A 1p coin can be disguised quite well at the bottom of the cigarette lighter socket and shorts it out everytime you put a new fuse in. Worth a check.

Thanks everyone, I haven't seen anything inside the socket - in fact I blew in it to get rid of any dust etc but there is nothing there at all. Hmm I really really don't want to approach Audi as they charge a fortune when they don't even know what's wrong :banghead:

does it short as soon as you replace the fuse or as soon as you plug in one of the chargers?

My dash cam decided it was gonna short it out, turned out to be a faulty dash cam wire, not the socket or the fuse