Advice/opinions FK automotive mesh style grill

RS3dan

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I wondered if any of you had an particular experience or opinions on something like the below;

FK Blackout Mesh Grille with Logo Holder - A3 8P 05-> - Grills - Styling - Parts | Awesome GTI

now I know a lot of you lads are all about OEM and to be honest so am I, but the S3 grill doesn't look a whole lot different IMO so I'd quite like the mesh style for my 8P2.. But from what I've seen an OEM under 300 is an extremely rare find (if even possible?) so I think that's probably out of my range for now :(

does anyone have any thoughts on the one in the link? Are they particularly rough in the flesh as I don't think it looks too bad in the picture lol (cue the abuse haha!) the mesh looks so much more aggressive which if course suits my weak 1.6 haha! But it's a starting point!

on another note if I've got it all wrong and an OEM mesh isn't as expensive as I've rarely seen is love some pointers!

cheers all,

Dan

Looks cool. Let us know how it looks an how easy it is to fit. 😜

Fk grills ain't too bad but there hell of a lot cheaper direct from Germany but there is a mesh grill that looks better and is cheaper not sure an quality as I've never had one AUDI A3 8P 2005-2008 BLACK HONEYCOMB DEBADGED SPORTS GRILL & BADGE HOLDER | eBay

Here's a pic of mine with that exact Ebay grill:

To be honest i'm VERY happy with it for the price. The quality is fine and still looks fresh after six months. It takes a bit of work switching the grills over if you have never done it before but afterwards it totally transforms the look of the car so completely worth it!

(eyelids are now GONE!) One thing to watch for is that this grill attaches with screws (which didn't come with) and the original has just stubborn plastic clips so have a bunch of screws at the ready, I can't remember what size you need though because it was near midnight when I realised this and had to faff about finding anything that would do!

I like them, here's my de-badged version

Cheers guys, glad to see some others have use them and happy with it! I think I might go with the one from eBay as it doesn't have the beams running across, and has a removable badge holder so I can decide which I prefer! Wish mine was black now haha!

Were they a straight fit or did they require any slight re shaping/drilling?

Straight fit man, it's easy once you spent 4 days looking for all of the screws to get the bumper off :p

Reactions: RS3dan
I'm tempted to buy one and spray it matt silver, for my lava grey car.

Reactions: RS3dan