Steering wheel wiring help needed.

Andy_w

Reaction score
Hi all,

Today I tried to fit my new steering wheel and airbag to my A4 but didn't manage to get it done. The new wheel is from a 2004, my car is a 2002 and one of the wiring plugs is different. The plug on the airbag is the same but the other is completely different, albeit with the same two wires.
when I look at both airbags it seems to me that this plug is for the horn, can anyone see a problem with me cutting off, swapping and resoldering the two plugs? I'm only asking as, knowing how complex Audi's are and how readily they will turn on a light, I was after some other opinions first.
i can't use the wiring that came with the new wheel, the plug on the slip rings is different.
sorry if I haven't explained myself very well.
thanks

Andy.

Sounds reasonable. If you have eliminated the air-bag cable then there won't be a problem with cutting and soldering the old plug from your original steering wheel onto the horn wires from the new one.

The airbag cable will have a yellow plug.

The airbag cable will have a yellow plug.[/QUOTE]

Indeed it does have a yellow and blue plug. I will do a cut and shut job on the horn wires after work
Tomorrow. Thanks for the advice
Andy

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…