B7 estate s line quattro 2.0 t fsi

Sws

Reaction score
Hi,

im new here, just looking for some advice!

ive always been a golf gti driver, been through many mk2s and for the last 2 years had a mk5 gti dsg.

sadly I've put it up for sale as had a baby and needed an estate. My partners father has very kindly pasted on his audi a4 estate sline quattro 2.0 t fsi (auto) which he's had from new and only has 40k on the clock.

i picked it up today, it has the same engine as my golf, but seems a lot slower, I know it's heavier etc and I've realised how much difference the dsg box on the golf makes now (it was my first non manual car).

im hoping you knowledgable lot can help on a few questions!

1) the sport mode on the golf dsg seemed to only hold on to each gear longer, no other difference, is this the same on the audi?
2) being an estate, the handling / cornering seems boaty (brand new Pirelli tyres) is there anything I can do to help this? I know it won't be as sharp as the golf but feels no where as responsive and spongey.
3) the estate is obviously heavier etc but would like a little more power. Are re maps good or bad? It has full main dealer s/h and will continue to so I do not want to do anything which will be detrimental.

any help or advice would be much appreciated.

many thanks

joel

Apologies if this has been done before, had searched around for answers and read about rs4 arb but not for a quattro etc!

Apologies if this has been done before, had searched around for answers and read about rs4 arb but not for a quattro etc!
Is that a question? If it is, then you can fit an RS4 rear anti-roll bar to a B7 quattro, just as you can to a front-wheel drive model.

I have a Shark Performance stage 1 remap on my 2.0T FSI. It improved the car no end. It now feels like I expected it should have when it came from the factory! I spent ages researching remaps before choosing this one as it's a very smooth remap. OEM Plus is probably the best way to describe it. It drives just like the standard car but with more mid range shove. It's not twitchy in traffic. No dramas, just better.

Sadly it's coming off on Friday as I need to sell my car. :( I suspect the drive home is going to be disappointing.

Hi, yes it was a question! Thanks for the reply, should i fit these front and back then or just rear? Thanks

Thanks mate!
Does sport mode only change the revs it shifts in or other things?
Also any info on remaps and what main dealers will say when servicing?

Many thanks