VAGCom Desperately Needed - North West (Rochdale Area)

Chazaxl

Reaction score
So, Ive been having an intermittened ESP and Brake Light coming up. Everything points to the wheel sensors. My car was then not used for a while and the battery ran down. Start to drive again, lights gone, only come on when I hit a bump, typically front left.

I order a set of 4 new wheel speed sensors - I change the front left which I need to hammer out as its stuck. The front right seems to be easier to replace, looks newish.

Long story short, now the alarms are on full time and I get the Red Circle (looks like when you keep the handbrake up wiht 3 beeps.) Ive checked the connectors - they look clean. I cannot put back the old left one as I had to destroy it to get it out. Ive swapped back the right front one.

I didnt touch the rears - they are difficult to get to so left them for now.

Im worse off and my Bluetooth module doesnt read or clear codes on my S3, can anyone help? My car is meant to go for MOT tomorrow and will fail unless the garage tries to clear the faults (and they go away). I should have left it but I should not be worse off for putting in new sensors.

Wondering if, when my clutch was changed, they may have damaged some of the wiring. From the wheel, it goes through the arch, where does it go from there?

Thanks in advance.

Wanted to add. This is on a 2000 S3 with ESP switch on the dash. Parts are not genuine Audi.

Ok, its fixed.

I was reading about power issues and went to check the battery - there is a plug that goes down the rear from the small fuse box on top of the battery, this was not clipped in properly and explains why the light would go on / off as the car was hitting bumps. It could be from when the battery had been changed - dont think it was ever plugged back in properly. Just relieved.

Thanks

Reactions: cammage08, superkarl and epox