Looks like my s3 might be going to a scrap heap :(

fazer0

Reaction score
Its not looking good for my s3 after having a run in with a citroen, fair do's the citroen is worse off than my tank of an s3 but still not the best.
20140425 170253

i am sure ebay will give you all the parts you need, doesn't look too bad unless there is hidden damage that the pic doesn't show

still waiting to hear if the chasis has moved, panels have pushed up, coolant and petrol was leaking, hopefully not too bad but insurance will go up considerably:mad:

New wing, bumper, bonnet, headlight and washer bottle itll be fine. You sure its leaking fuel?

That's a sad sight to see :(

Was it your fault I'm assuming then fella? What happened :confused:

I stupidly wrote my first S3 off 5+ years ago tbh and purchased my noggy with the payout.

As said above eBay the parts if you get the opportunity to buy it back or carry out the work yourself or at an Indy. You'd be looking at a £2.5k+ insurance repair bill tbh

2x xenon headlights, front bumper with grill, bonnet, wing and sprayed and fitted usin OEM parts is not cheap tbh as I had 3 quotes before I took the write off pay back :-/

Hopefully when measure up on a jig everything on the chassis is still straight and you can buy it back and get the parts from eBay as there's lots of S3s out there being broken

in fairness more my fault than his but it was due to my brakes not working correctly as i was braking for a corner and went into the oncoming car, obvs on the other side of the road. but yeah, ive been bitten by the 8l s3 bug and will get another when i can.
Hoping the insurance company find the reason for my brake failure but coppers just found em a bit spongy which i didn't have quite that sensation.
cheers kwistof

i dno, i doubt it was dropping petrol tbf, rainbow puddles made me think it might of been but now i think about it other substances could of caused them liquid wise

A bit of t-cut and she'll be as good as new! Bit of an overstatement to say that it is ready for the scrap yard. If that's what you believe, ill happily buy it for scrap value lol.

Yeah sadly, the insurance company will deem it a right off I would of thought. Worth keeping it though and using the money they give you to by a couple of used panels and a few upgrades