manual conversion? has anyone done one?

jbh

TDi lover
Reaction score
Website
www.retrobmw.co.uk
Hi all Ive been looking for an A3 TDi for the misses but she is pretty adamant it needs to be light blue and also the 110TDi ( the 110 TDi part has rubbed off from me)

anyway ive been searching and ive missed out on a few but the other ones I can find are miles away..

so one has popped up localish at sensible money and looks a nice well loved car but its an Auto..

now Ive done a few manual conversions in the past but on old BMW's and old fords..
so im wondering bar needing to plug it into vcds to tell it its now a manual how hard would it be to do on an A3?

James

It's been discussed before, albeit a 1.8T, and from a cost effective point of view, your better off just looking for a manual version.

I don't recall anyone doing this conversion on an A3, and I've been here a while.

It's been discussed before, albeit a 1.8T, and from a cost effective point of view, your better off just looking for a manual version.

I don't recall anyone doing this conversion on an A3, and I've been here a while.
hmmm watch this space... I might be the first..

planning on viewing the car next week and at the price I can get it for plus I know where theres a car being broken that I could get the manual parts from so cost wise it might happen and it would keep the misses happy.. as it is the right colour spec extra its just the fact it doesnt have a third pedal lets it down.

ive read a thread about a 1999 golf being converted so I can't see it being any different.
if I was to do it it would be a winter project as where we live the wife would be using the quattro during the winter but as said ive done manual conversions in the past and converted my old 330d to manual over a weekend so im not scared to get stuck in and get it done.

Reactions: jojo