Rear wash wipe

ahtcap

Reaction score
My rear wash wipe works ok on intermittent wipe. For wash /wipe the washer delivers water but does not wipe at the same time.
I have recently fitted cruise control (battery disconnected).could this be related?

Mine was very temperamental and annoyed me coming on when reversing in the rain so I got shot of it and blanked it off.... Much nicer! Lol

Rear wipe when reverse gear selected (whilst front wipers are active) can be turned off in VCDS

I'd start with VCDS to check for any logged faults

If it works bang on time every time in intermittent mode then the motor should be good id look closer at the stalk

If it's really random it could well be the motor or connections, they are known to get wet

Problem sorted !motor was leaking onto connections need to source a new one!! Thanks for the assist.

lol i had that problem but then it stopped on its own, worked when in reverse and all. but then it wen nuts and decided it was going to be on ALL THE TIME. no matter the wiper stalk position. did that for about a month. now its working normally again lol !