Sump plug.

jamesmcary

Reaction score
Found my oil leak today. Some one has over tighted the Sump plug and wrecked the threads... What can I do? Any help welcome.

i read somewhere that apparently it's fairly easy job for a garage (with their ramps) to take the sump off and clean it- well, go one better and buy another sump (it's cheap enough even from Audi-i think) and get the garage to fit that. Not sure of you can re-thread them to a larger plug, but I would take the opportunity and get a nice new shiny one !

Sadly the best solution is to buy a new sump... around 40 quid for a pattern part (Topran are pretty good to be fair) or 150 quid for an OE one...

You can helicoil the thread but tbh they leak in most cases

<tuffty/>

Yeah I'll get a new one and a mate who works at a garage said he'd fit it for me so I'll purchase a new one any recommendations. On.where yo get one?

Just did this the other day, Couple of hours under the car, easy job, cleaned my pickup pipe out too.

I got mine from gsf, 43 or 46quid, was spot on bar having to find some different screws for the level sensor as the holes weren't tapped deep enough.

Get a new sump mate, it will be alot easier and whilst you are at it, you may as well change the oil pick up pipe too.

I've bought a new Sump so will be fitter early next week when delivered.