Temperature issue.

Zaac

Reaction score
My stat was broke so I have had another fitted today (OE)

Now it gets up to temp perfect and all my issue are gone no more flat spots no more cold running engine and the MPG has gone through the roof, gentle run round town 47mpg cant be happier..

When I put my heaters on VAGCOM says it goes down to 70 degrees.

If I put it on half strength on the heaters it doesn't change..

Is there some sort of regulator for the heater matrix itself? Some sort of thermostat for the heating? it went from 90-70 in around 2.5 minutes which shocked the lad doing the data logging. and couldn't find the issue himself.

Any ideas?

I was literally about to post exactly the same thread, but thought I would have a quick search first and found this!!

When I put my heaters on 'HI', the engine temp goes from 90 to 70 in a few mins.

Turn it to 28 or off completely, back up to 90 it goes!

I'm not using VAGCOM, i'm just going by the temp gauge on the dash.

Will be watching this thread...

The gauge says 90 mate but you wont see a change in the gauge until it gets to 80 then it will go down so you wont see it until it's gone down to 80 so it could be at 85 and you wont see the change in the gauge.

But the gauge goes from the 90 mark to the 70 mark in a few mins.

That's still a 20c drop in temps for the sake of 1c in the cabin.

Sounds like an identical problem to you though.

Yeah sounds the same, just saying even at 90 that could be anywhere between 81 ish and 99 the best temperature is 88 degrees... Hopefully we both get the response were after lol

is this all stationary? or whilst driving?

if stationary then it will go down a little while you sap some of the heat from the coolant whilst driving it should remain steady ish or drop a little then come back up