Red or Blue cable

jbs2472

Reaction score
I am picking my car up on Saturday and dealer is throwing in a few freebies (incl boot liner) but asked what cable I wanted! I have an iphone 5 and he asked if I wanted the red or blue cable?

Can anyone point me in the right direction and also does this cable allow me to charge the phone or will I require a lightning adaptor?

Thanks in advance.

You take the blue cable - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red cable - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Most people have suggested the Red collar cable provides better support.

Reactions: jbs2472
I just did some digging and from what I gather the Red cable you will need the lightning adapter... but will support older iPhones, iPads, iPods etc. The blue one looks to have the lightning connector... which would limit the amount of devices. I'd probably just go back to your dealer and ask for one that works with your device. They'll know which cable to order.

I just did some digging and from what I gather the Red cable you will need the lightning adapter... but will support older iPhones, iPads, iPods etc. The blue one looks to have the lightning connector... which would limit the amount of devices. I'd probably just go back to your dealer and ask for one that works with your device. They'll know which cable to order.

Thanks - I could be cheeky and ask for both.:idea:

I have iphone 5, I use the red cable which everything works including charging. You do need a official lightning adapter though. Blue cable is for older iPods including the classic which you won't get any album art.

There is a lightning lead also but I have no idea whether it's available yet and what colour it is.

If you go on the Audi website there is a list of what's supported on which cable. If I remember correctly it's buried in the site quite well.

I have iphone 5, I use the red cable which everything works including charging. You do need a official lightning adapter though. Blue cable is for older iPods including the classic which you won't get any album art.

There is a lightning lead also but I have no idea whether it's available yet and what colour it is.

If you go on the Audi website there is a list of what's supported on which cable. If I remember correctly it's buried in the site quite well.

Thank you and will definitely go for the red one then.

Reactions: Dylock
How did you guys manage to get the green cable for the iphone 5? My dealer said they Were not available to order yet... :)