Newbie with a question - A3 numberplate light fault after main dealer replacement

Bella13

Reaction score
Morning all. First post here, hope it's okay - if not please point me in the right direction!

Have had a 58 plate a3 2.0 tfsi s line for about 6 months now, on the whole it's a lovely car but there's a couple of things bugging me about it and I'm hoping you can help! Last week she went in for a main dealer service and they replaced one of the numberplate lights as it was missing altogether (£43!), now this morning there's lights on the dash informing me the numberplate lights aren't working. Seen lots of threads about people replacing bulbs with LEDS and it throwing up fault codes but nothing about audi parts being fitted causing this - is it worth me taking it back and getting them to sort it or is it a relatively simple fix? Don't want to start pulling them out myself just to make it worse!

Also have had the apparently common issue with the rear washer jet/ boot lid open warning/ alarm going off fault, when they did the service they replaced the washer jet unit, will this have fixed the problem as currently I'm too scared to use the back washer just in case?!

The car does also have a warranty I could claim on (was bought from a non-Audi dealer but paid extra for a decent warranty just in case as car was by no means cheap!) but I'm guessing it'd be easier to take it up with Audi now?

Thanks for any opinions!

Welcome to the site.

Take it back to sort the plate lights as that's covered by the work done.

Just test the rear wash, don't be scared :p they would or should of tested this anyway, this bit should be covered by the warranty aswell.