ESP Light Problems!

preecey75

Reaction score
Hi people!

I have a late 2008 Audi S3 sportback..

Having a nightmare of a time with this "well known" ESP light (see owners manual) appearing on my dash every time i start my car, along with the traction control light always on!
I've had the abs sensor changed, alignment done and steering rack looked at... not helped!!
My automatic adjusting lights we not working for a while, until i had the coding looked at, had them played round with a bit and got my lights working again, but the traction light and ESP warnings are still showing!

Has anyone else had as much of a problem as i have with this B****RD of a light!?
All i can think of now is it might a dodgy wire, or the abs unit maybe!?

HELP!!

Have you tried scanning your ABS unit with VCDS for faults? There is a known issue with the ABS units used on allot of VAG cars of similar years, could be related?

I was afraid it might be the ABS unit! :(
I've tried scanning the unit, but nothing will come up, so my mechanic was thinking it might be the unit itself!! Any idea how much a new ABS unit would be!?

I know it sounds really simple but with my previous 2007 TDI 170 i just replaced the battery and it went away permanently. I can't remember where i read this, i think it may have been on another forum. As the battery dies and loses it's charge it throws this fault up very briefly, don't ask me why though.

My current 2008 1.8T FSI is doing it as well so it's clearly a problem that occurs across all models. I find it does it more often when i start the car from cold in the morning.

May be more complicated i'm sure, but that was my experience.

Ah right ok, thanx for your info! I'll try the battery first seeing as it isn't that much money to fork out!

Worth a go i guess for the sake of £60.

As i say it cured my ESP warning (it just beeped and came on for a fraction of a second and went away, a common problem so i read at the time). Not sure about the TC light though.

Hope you get it sorted!

Mine's on every single time i start the car, followed with the TC light constantly :(
Gonna be a ball ache too because of not having MOT now, going stealth mode round town haha!

Thanx for the help!