Double din to single din

c3jys

Reaction score
Hi im new this i have had an app radio fitted but not happy with it and want to single isit hard to do? Do you get a fascia or is there more to it . Done few searches but its mostly single to double where as am other way round dont want video want more audio options thanks

Your best and cheapest option is to ask if anyone on here wants to do a swap from single din to double din. You need the cage thing from behind and also a different climate control unit.

If someone with a single din and same "heated seat" option as you have the same configuration just swap your bits! Easy!

Where can i post that to see if anyone will swap

Dosent the a4 fascia fit in with a pocket as when selling the car in future will put the factory double din in . The pioneer double din need an a4 fascia with a mod ???

From reading other threads, it sounds like the A4 double din fascia requires some slight trimming to fit properly into the centre console.

Trimming is not an issue its already been done for my double din my audio guy can do that. Need to know for single din now though

You can buy single din fascias that don't need trimming. Just buy a bog standard A3 one.

Cheers mate much appreciated will post up how i get on need to take the app radio 3 out and sell that

I would be willing to swap I have an A3 1.8 2002 if it would fit

I'm looking to go double din to single as well if anyone has a single din on offer.