Replacement rear wiper arm.

heap1000

Reaction score
My rear wiper arm has broke and come off. It has left a bit of plastic stuck just under the nut.

What is the best way to get the plastic off and also the nut as it looks quite rusty? Don't fancy smashing my windows in the process.

Also when buying a replacement can I get one from say a golf or other vehicle? When browsing golf's seem half the price of the audi ones.

Oh car is a 04 3 door.

Thanks

Not to sure about using a golf whiper arm.. but when i de wippered my a3 mine was impossible to get of until i bought a
Battery Terminal Puller Tool, its not run on a battery its just what its called... this popped mine of like a beaut, best tool going, just don't buy a rubbish one cause i did that first and the thread de threaded which was so rubbish and impossible to use.... for mates a3 he didn't buy the tool he used a fret saw and hacked underneath the bolt... took him minuets to get it of he was dewippering his like i have but if you want your motor then try the tool!!

Thanks for the reply. What do you class as a cheap one? Might be easier and more cost affective to buy the wiper arm and ask the local garage to take the nut off for me. Can't imagine they would charge a lot for that.

I was in the same situation a few months ago.
The nut was rusted on and my local mechanic had a wiper nut removal tool which pops it off safely. (took 2 secs and didn't charge me)
I bought a wiper off ebay for around £20.
Golf Mk5 wiper arms are cheaper and will fit. but I didn't like the look of them and prefer the audi ones so didn't bother.

Thanks guys. A lads dad at work owns a garage so he is going to see if he has one I can borrow.

Can I use a wiper from another audi? Just keeping my options open for one at the best price when I get round to looking.

Just wondering if you guys know of a cheap place to buy from or am I best looking on ebay?

@Heap - They're only £20 or so, plenty options on eBay for a genuine part.

I DIY'd mine with a cheap hub puller (I never worry buying/adding tools to my collection - think of them as an asset as you're bound to use it again one day)! Came off without too much trouble after a good soak in WD40.

Slightly off topic.. but I know what you mean..
Bought a clamp meter to measure current running through wires in an attempt to locate a battery drain problem.
Several moths later used it to convince an electrician, a new circuit to a room in the house was well below the 13A rating and thus did not require a new wire from fuse box, which if it did, was a heap of money and upheaval..

As a tip, try to cover all exposed glass in a thick soft layer i.e. blanket foam etc.

@Heap - They're only £20 or so, plenty options on eBay for a genuine part.

I DIY'd mine with a cheap hub puller (I never worry buying/adding tools to my collection - think of them as an asset as you're bound to use it again one day)! Came off without too much trouble after a good soak in WD40.

I think i have a spare wiper arm and motor in my garage your welcome too. Im bassed in Lincoln though not sure where your at.. Also its from a Mk5 Gt. Best off Pm'ing me if interested.