Mapped S3 engine oil...

Muzza80

Reaction score
So the recommendation seems to be Edge 5w30 which is the same oil as the standard quantum stuff you get at the dealers?

I'm ditching the long life schedule and will be doing my own servicing anyway with oil/filter changes every 6k

A number of previous cars that I've owned that have all been modded/mapped to the 300bhp area I was always recommended (by tuners and oil experts) a move from 5w30 to a quality 5w40 was beneficial in terms of better protection at high temps (mapped & general harder driving/track days) as the 40 remains thicker at the higher temps therefore giving more protection?

I just wanted to gauge opinions on moving over to a quality ester based oil like Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 5W-40 or Millers Nanodrive CFS 5w-40 NT

From my understanding it would be beneficial, any reason not to on this engine though?

Edge aka SLX 3/Quantum are good enough tbh.

Edge aka SLX 3/Quantum are good enough tbh.

I get that but on that reasoning so is 95 Octane petrol from Asda, doesn't get around the fact that 99 Octane V-Power is better fuel and your car will run better on it though.

I'd like the best engine oil for my car and one that will offer best protection when I drive it hard (which I do).

Maybe it's just me .....? lol

Those oils are already very good imho, so I don't see the point tbh, as long as you service at more regular intervals, maybe 8-10k, then I would stick with those, unless its a track car being thrashed daily of course, otherwise road usage with hard driving, I don't see the point in using an alternative, as they do a very good job already.

Ask Alex what he thinks, as he has the most volatile S3 I know of.

So the recommendation seems to be Edge 5w30 which is the same oil as the standard quantum stuff you get at the dealers?

I'm ditching the long life schedule and will be doing my own servicing anyway with oil/filter changes every 6k

A number of previous cars that I've owned that have all been modded/mapped to the 300bhp area I was always recommended (by tuners and oil experts) a move from 5w30 to a quality 5w40 was beneficial in terms of better protection at high temps (mapped & general harder driving/track days) as the 40 remains thicker at the higher temps therefore giving more protection?

I just wanted to gauge opinions on moving over to a quality ester based oil like Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 5W-40 or Millers Nanodrive CFS 5w-40 NT

From my understanding it would be beneficial, any reason not to on this engine though?

My mate put the Millers Nanodrive 5w-40 in his S3 and swore it felt better to drive.

Not sure if it actually makes any difference but I am going to be giving it a go this time round when I service mine, worth a shot. Also swore by getting the manifold cleaned.