Wheel dilemmas. Opinions please.

B5QUAT

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm thinking of getting some new summer wheels for the old battle bus, but I'm struggling for ideas.

Problem no 1 is the huge RS6+ front brakes. I need something that will clear the calipers but I don't really want to use spacers unless I can really avoid it. At present I have RS4 reps with a 2mm shim which ideally I want to get rid of.

I love BBS LMs but I had them on my TQS and my TT so want something different.

BBS CHs are nice too.

I actually quite like these (Team Dynamics Pro Race) which I'm told are also nice and light.

Pro race anthracite

but it would seem that they are only available in white for the B5 S4???

I love Ultraleggeras too but can't really justify the price tag

Want to keep at 18" too, not 19".

Any suggestions?

the dish on a BBS LM would probably mean you'd need spacers too right?

Reactions: B5QUAT
I like the team dynamics. They can look better with a decent width and offset as some look more dished than others.

I was going to suggest rota grids. They are now available in the right pcd from rarerims.co.uk as well although not yet on their website from what i'm told:nod:

the dish on a BBS LM would probably mean you'd need spacers too right?

Yeah I'm pretty sure I would. My old LMs wouldn't go over my TQS's B6 S4 brakes without a 15mm spacer and these RS6s are obviously miles bigger so I'd probably need a 20mm at least!

I went to Wheelbase yesterday for some ideas and apparently they DO do the Pro Race in silver but i had to order them specially, so they'll be about 3 weeks. So they should look something like this:

Pro race 12

Pro

Thanks for the replies anyway. I'll post some pics up when I get them on.

Last edited: