Tyre choice A4 2013 177TDI

chrisby1

Reaction score
Evening all.

So much choice out there!
So I drive a lot of back roads and B roads.
question 1, summer tyres or all weather tyres?
question 2, which tyre choice do you recommend in either category in question 1?
To confirm the vehicle is a 2013 A4 177tdi front wheel drive Sline.

Looking forward to hearing your views.
Thanks Chris

Evening all.

So much choice out there!
So I drive a lot of back roads and B roads.
question 1, summer tyres or all weather tyres?
question 2, which tyre choice do you recommend in either category in question 1?
To confirm the vehicle is a 2013 A4 177tdi front wheel drive Sline.

Looking forward to hearing your views.
Thanks Chris

Didn't you like what it came with ?

Well I'm at the stage of replacement, so just seeing if anyone has done better, I dint find the wet grip great on the Bridgestone Potenza

mine came with continentals on it and so far they have been really good ...

I currently have Bridgestone potenza and I agree they can be struggle for grip in the wet but only under hard acceleration. They have however worn very well and still have lots of life after 14k on the front. The conti sport contact 3s before only lasted 10k on the fronts but were very good at getting the power down. Before that I had Dunlop (can't remember brand) but they were much like the bridgestones with slightly more road noise in my opinion.

I had Michelin Pilot Sport 3's before which were very good and now I have Continental Contact Sport 5P's which are very good as well.

I just changed my wheels from an 18" set to 19" set have put a set of Michelin PS2 on there, believe it or not for me Event tyres were the cheaper than black circles which included mobile fitting.

I think the compound used for the Michelin's are harder than my previous Dunlop Sport Max GT's, and they were smaller.
Ride seems to be more firmer now.

From what I've read Michelin PS2 and Michelin Super sports are meant to be 2 of the best, but they aren't cheap!

Try camskill for tyres they seem to be well priced.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Michelin Pilot Sport 3's all the way! They are expensive but all good things cost more! Costco have a promo running at the moment buy any 19" tyres and get a free £60 fuel card.

Thanks for your replys guys. Michelin Pilots looks the the way forward.

What about Pirelli P Zero tyres? not been mentioned here.
Came with the car, handles very well in the wet, but dry surfaces average i would say…. just my opinion.

I had a set of p zero rosso tyres did 400 miles and took them off, I've still got the fronts if anyone interested 235/35/19.

I had a set of p zero rosso tyres did 400 miles and took them off, I've still got the fronts if anyone interested 235/35/19.

Doesn't sound very good. My suspicions were that they were not special. Soon time for new tires so need to choose wisely.

PS. didn't know costco do tires also…. you learn something everyday.

If u guys have Goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 2 (two) over in your country, it's worth a try. Grippy, comfortable, and value for money for its performance.

Pirelli pzero's on mine 225 35 19's not far off changing them, but I can't complain, done 13,500 miles and I think they will last out until july, mot time!
To be honest I'm thinking going to buy some more, they have all worn evenly, grip I think is good in wet, and ok on dry. Road noise also good! So these are a thumbs up for me.

Yeah I'm not making them out to be a bad tyre just they were on a car that was also going on a track and I only bought them as I couldn't get the tyres I wanted at the time so as soon as the tyres I wanted came available I took them off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 181
As you can see they are still like new lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 139