New member saying hi/buying advice!

Rosco191

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Stumbled across this site as looking for my first Audi so thought would sign up and say hello :)

I'm quite particular in what I'm looking for - I'm looking for an A4 1.9 TDi Sport Avant, and needs to be the 6spd version and would prefer the FWD, rather than Quattro. I'm also wanting the GMBH kit and sensible miles (around 120k or thereabouts). My first preference is red, then metallic grey and silver.

I'm hoping to find a well looked after private car, as most of them seem to be at dealers with high miles/prices.

Any buying advice would be great, or if you know of a car which fits my requirements, please let me know :)

Cheers

Ross

Hi Ross, welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you've got a pretty clear idea of what you want already, what sort of advice are you after? Other than, if you find a car that meets everything on your wishlist, to buy it! :)

Red is an uncommon colour and they often are over 120k if they have been used as intended.Sport wont have nice things like full DIS or cruise and maybe 4x e/ws as standard.I prefer the 2.5tdi but its thirstier

Hi folks,

Stumbled across this site as looking for my first Audi so thought would sign up and say hello :)

I'm quite particular in what I'm looking for - I'm looking for an A4 1.9 TDi Sport Avant, and needs to be the 6spd version and would prefer the FWD, rather than Quattro. I'm also wanting the GMBH kit and sensible miles (around 120k or thereabouts). My first preference is red, then metallic grey and silver.

I'm hoping to find a well looked after private car, as most of them seem to be at dealers with high miles/prices.

Any buying advice would be great, or if you know of a car which fits my requirements, please let me know :)

Cheers

Ross
Thats a coincidence you have just described the car i am thinking of selling.2004 a4 avant 1.9 tdi in red 312mm brake upgrade black leather interior 18" rs6 black powder coated wheels twin exhaust FWD 138000 miles and runs like a swiss watch

Thanks for the replies and yes, I'm quite clear with what I'm after lol! Would be handy if the car already had a tow bar fitted too!

Thats a coincidence you have just described the car i am thinking of selling.2004 a4 avant 1.9 tdi in red 312mm brake upgrade black leather interior 18" rs6 black powder coated wheels twin exhaust FWD 138000 miles and runs like a swiss watch

Was looking for more of a standard car mate, however if you could send me some pics and a price, I'd deffo take a look.

Cheers

Harder than I thought to find the right car! Red seems to be pretty rare, and other decent ones sell quickly!

Any other buying advice would be appreciated :)

There's no quick fix. If you have a specific spec in mind it's just a matter of biding your time..

Red is the dogs

photo-59.jpg

I argee with what quattrojames said. It took me 19 months to find mine and I'm very happy with it. If you can wait the right one will turn up or you can get something close and change it to how you want it.