Help with cable in boot/trunk???

sukrw

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Car is Audi TTS (UK) 2008 MK2.

I have recently had the "damp/wet" issue with the BOSE Amp in the boot. But it seems to have dried out and is working now (phew).

When I was in the boot/trunk to get the amp out to check it out/dry it, I noticed when putting it all back together, there is a long'ish black cable with a purple fakra connector on the end of it that is NOT connected to anything. I don't recall disconnecting it and I can't for the life of me find anywhere it could/should be connected. A clip on the wire was clipped to the amp to hold it in place, but the actual end of the cable (purple fakra is not plugged into anything ... well not now !).

The cable seems to run/cable tied along the top side of the boot lining as if going toward the GPS shark-fin on the roof.

The stereo is Audi Factory Fit MMI with Satnav/Bluetooth phone. There is no CD Multi changer or aux or tv.

The Bluetooth phone all works fine, the radio picks up stations ok and the satnav follows me on the map as I drive. So everything seems to be working even tho this cable is not connected.

Is it something to connect CD Changer or AUX or TV etc that is not used?

Anyone shed any light on it ...?

Thanks

Ro

It would be for an external phone antenna that plugs into the pone amp/sharkfin, they've probably prewired it incase it was selected as an option, if you don't have a phone cradle in the car from factory then don't worry as it shouldn't be plugged into anything, if it has a cradle then the sharkfin will have a plug somewhere & a phone antenna module located somewhere.

Thank you for your speedy reply.

The car doesn't have a phone cradle (just bluetooth) so that is good news.

My mind can rest at ease now and stop worrying I have screwed things up.

Thanks again for your help,

Ro