Audi Concert Stereo won't clip back in

willh92

Reaction score
Hi all,

When i bought the car from the dealer, the previous owner had removed his own aftermarket stereo and therefore the dealer had sourced a standard stereo for the car etc. but it wont clip back in. When I push it in and you'd usually expect it to clip in once it was sitting flush with the surround, it doesn't. So everytime I accelerate remotely fast it slides out, and without holding it all the way in it will want to naturally sit sticking out slightly.

I was wondering if these stereos need clipping back in with the pins you would use to remove them? or is there something wrong with my cradle?

Cheers

Will

Their is supposed to be some clips at the sides of the stereo which hold it in, maybe these are missing or possibly something got cut in the surround to fit the aftermarket stereo and now they have nothing to latch too? just guessing really.

I've taken the clips off my standard stereo, as after spending so long getting it out one night I thought I'm not going through that again, so got rid of them and the stereo stays in fine on it's own and sits flush.Maybe you need to have a shifty with the cables behind the stereo as they can stop it going fully in.

mine did this, if i nailed it the stereo attacked me lol! i bodged mine tbh, you can squash a 2 or 1 pence piece under each side and push them in so you can hardly see them... my stereo doesnt escape anymore and i can still get it out fine. should prob try to fix it properly, guess i'll wait till im bord one summers day!-)