EML light

edthebal

Reaction score
Evening lads

Coming down the motorway tonight and under heavy acceleration I was getting a flashing check engine light ,after about 10 seconds light would go back off ,car does feel as though she may be down on power doesn't want to pull past 4000 rpm without the light coming on ,scanned the car at work yesterday and it was giving me a fault of cylinder miss fire on 6 and 8 only had one coil pack handy so changed cylinder 8 ,no shudder at all when idling doesn't feel like a coil pack any ideas would be appreciated ,im going to hook it up to the computer tomorrow and some live flight recording on the motorway and see if the computer picks the fault up, but mean time im open to suggestion, piddling about town she feels ok just on the motorway cheers in advance

Sorry mate its an 2004 b6 v8 ,driving me nuts lol changes all coils and plugs from one bank to another and still getting the miss fire issues under heavy acceleration ,do think it may be something to do with timing, all the computers in my garage are pointing to that ,so I think it would be best to get it on VAG com ,what is throwing me and the rest of the guys in the garage is the fact that it sounds as sweet as a nut at idle and even when driving normally no probs ,only when asking for that little extra you get the misfire ,so any help would be greatly appreciated .