New turbo required. What's my best options

Paulc33

Reaction score
Engine turns over. But is full of oil seems to be coming out when I removed the glow plugs and turned the engine over by hand.

The turbo has seized one side and has loads of play the other side.

Now I need to decide what turbo to put on.

Do go reconditioned from BTN turbos. Or get a new garret turbo...

or what costs are hybrid turbos and what benefits do they have??

Some advise would be great never had to replace a turbo before.

Last edited:
honestly get a new one from garrett or a good condition second hand one ,most reconditioners wont honour the warranty if the turbo fails they always have an excuse , hybrid's are ok if you are wanting to up the power of the car , a hybrid on a standard motor will feel more sluggish than the original .

My car has been remapped already. That's why I wondered about a hybrid. But I'm not looking to really up the power any more than that.

you'd have to have it mapped again if you went hybrid. The turbos spool differently and a custom map should be done after the hybrid is fitted.

i'd go hybrid, wish i did, as my recon that i got from the warranty is making an awful racket like the last one used to.

Hybrid I'm guessing is going to cost more and take longer to get the car back on the road.

Euro car parts do a new garret turbo, may go down that route.

Anyone even bought one of these. ???

make sure it is a new unit, Euro car parts turbochargers are not OEM they are OEM quality!!! be careful fella

I have bought a new unit from BTN turbos. Through a parts supplier I used to work for.

May have been a few quid more but comes with 2 year warranty.