Indicator isuues

notfastwes

Reaction score
In the last couple of days the indicators have developed a fault.
When I indicate (either way) it will blink three then stop. That's with the stalk still in the indicate position. I am having to flick it off and on again where it will do the same.

Will this be a relay issue or is the fault at the stalk?

I believe it's the stalk, for not sending the correct signal to the relay. Try spraying some contact cleaner where the stalk pivots. It that doesn't work, you need to remove the stalk and repair it, or replace it.

I now believe it to be relay . While driving today when it happened I tapped the area around the hazard button and the indicator started working. I still had to do this every time I indicated though which is a bit of a pain.
Will scan it when I have more time.

Fairly common fault on C5s and not a difficult one to repair. The indicator relay is part of the hazard switch. There are a number of "how toe" on the Internet, but basically you remove the piece of trim around the switch and then use a pair of pointed pliers to pull the switch out. Pop the new one in and then clip the trim back on.