Missing xenon levelling sensor G78

pjam

Reaction score
Hi all, new A3 owner here, hopefully someone can help me out please.
My 60 plate A3 tdi quattro black edition appears to have no front levelling sensor. There are no faults reported within vcds other than being told it is not installed. A physical inspection reveals no evidence of one. The rear sensor is physically there and reported correctly within vcds. The only other odd thing I could find within vcds is that under the xenon range section it suggests the car is an A3 cabriolet rather than awd. ( I get an error if trying to change this ).
Should I have a front sensor?

Many thanks.

I thought both were the same switch one near the rear subframe inboard of the R/H axle and the other front L/H wishbone. Hmmm ping NHN he maybe be able to tell you straight off. It maybe do to with wrong model selected but that should be easy enough to change with VCDS.

Cheers for the reply. Everything I have read suggests it should be as you suggest. It just baffles me that the car accepts the sensor is not present without giving a fault....

I haven't checked my S3 but my previous 2010 Leon Cupra R with same running gear only had 1 sensor on the N/S/R wishbone.

Now that's interesting..... Cheers.

confirm my black edition A3 2.0 Tfsi 59 plate only has the sensor on the rear as well .

That's great. Thank you so much everyone for helping confirm this.