Rear wiper arm hitting bottom of glass on movement

moba3

Reaction score
My rear wiper arm seems to have started to clip the bottom of glass when sweeping but it doesn't happen on every wipe.I can't see any damage but the arm has a bit of movement up and down by the pivot point(to lift arm off glass not where its attached to the motor)Also I haven't been working on the wiper boltThe arm seems to sit correctly on the glass when off whenIs this a common enough issue and what can i do to fix it?

Is the spring still present?? This happened to me when my bootlid was painted. I lost the spring in the wiper arm so it kept sagging. Ended up buying a new arm. Not sure if you can buy the spring seperetely

You mean like this? Mine has caused damage to the paintwork. edit: if you can see past the dirt

Attachments

• IMG_00000132.jpg
    IMG_00000132.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Sagging wiper seems to be common. Mine is currently drooping on to the bootlid at the moment. A quick cure is to remove the wiper blade and move it round one spline on the shaft so when it's "sagging" it's in the normal position.

The spring is there, it just looks like too much play in the knuckle where the arm meets the motor spindle. Its not as bad as the pic above but I was wondering if it was a sign of a wiper motor on the way out or just a worn wiper?