VCDS no longer working

Topplumb1

Reaction score
So............ 6 months ago I buy a full version of VCDS off some bloke on ebay who was selling lots of them off, it worked fantastically with no problems, went to use it the other day and it won't recognise any car what so ever, uninstalled it - reinstalled it about a hundred times now and same with all its drivers, still nothing, so decided to contact the guy I purchased it from and it turns out he has disappeared off the face of the earth with no trace :banghead: so what do I do now ? has anyone else ever encountered the same and if so what did you do about it? All that came in the package was a lead and a copied disc in a brown padded envelope, not even a receipt with the guys details on. Have I been done or what?:angrymod:

To be very blunt......you've been scammed mate. How many times has it been stressed on this forum that if you buy a cheap VCDS cable then expect it to be a fake........and with no come back either if anything goes wrong.....and no-one would thank you for it if anything went wrong on a mates/customers car due to it being fake. Buy cheap dig deep. The only guy to trust reference VCDS cables is NHN........licensed to sell and has great back up and support.

Without making assumtions about the legitimacy of your kit have you done the basic tests like checked the PC can see the dongle? Go to device manager and plug it in/unplug it with it open, you should see a device (probably a serial adapter) coming up and going off. My ebay dongle (for the lite version of VCDS so not a fake) has to load 2 drivers before it will work, one for the USB to serial and another for the serial to OBD device.