Anyone in the north yorkshire area fancy helping

Drewvic

Reaction score
anyone in the north Yorkshire area fancy helping a not so confident guy do some of these bypass;s the main one being the n249, would really appreciate the help ive done loads of reading but just not quite got it yet to do on my own, in case I f**k it up
will pay in tea and biscuits and maybe a cooplands pie ha, im not so far from York but I don't mind travelling to you if the help is offered

Do you have a TQS? if so i've got to take my plate off (the one that holds the n249) on the weekend and can take some detailed photos for you, i wasn't too confident but when i ripped everything out it became quite obvious what i had to do and was surprisingly easy, 20 minute job

Reactions: Drewvic
yeah mate I have a tqs
ive read the post on here which are all really good
ive read the one dedicated to our car but the pics are rather blurry
im the kinda person that learns from either watching or pics rather than reading, my brain doesn't compute hahaha
so it would be muchly appreciated if you could mate

Yea I learn the same way so can be a bit daunting taking a task on only after reading about it! You'll kick yourself when you realise how easy it is. Will hopefully be doing it Saturday, Sunday at the latest.

thanks lavis I look forward to seeing your pics, and yeah I probs will end up kicking myself but always better to be safe than sorry knowing by ****** luck and put a pipe on the wrong bit and bang ahahahaha

got all the pictures, just going to have a quick play in paint with the new ones and original guide to make it as simple as i can

thanks lav looking forward to seeing it I cant wait to get it done did it all go well how lond did it take you

Right here is my attempt, follow the original ARY guide as for what pipes you need to cut, then when you unplug the valves you will be left with this

24062011226.jpg

You want to get rid of almost all of that until you are left with this. Make sure to keep the one way valve which is the circular kind of thing in the bottom left hand corner of the first image

24062011232.jpg

I've marked what nipples run to where (1WV = one way valve)

20131208_144309.jpg

That is the nipple coming off the inlet manifold, one end of the tee runs to the valve in the 2nd image, the other end runs to the dump valve (marked D/V)

And this is where the 2nd line off the valve runs to, marked SAI

20131208_143945.jpg

If you need to know anything more then just ask. It took me about a hour, but spent a lot of time checking and re checking the guides. if i done it again on someone else's car then i would probably be able to do it in half a hour

Reactions: Drewvic
cool thanks for that it makes it a lot more simple
but I do have a question as getting my head around things in this picture there is two pipes where things have been disconnected what happens to them???Pipes

is it 2mm hose you used and a 2mm t=piece??
and question about your car how was the tip to fit??? and how were the coilovers???
think ive got the n byhpass in my head once I know what happens to those two pipes that are exposed??

My car came with the TIP so i can't answer that unfortunately. And the exposed pipes just stay there i believe seeing as they wont actually run to anything any more. i've bought silicone caps to make mine a bit more presentable but they haven't turned up yet. I used 4mm ID silicone hose and a 4mm tee piece. I didn't fit the coil overs myself, pretty much every nut was seized on so i gave them to a garage to get fitted.

cool ok mate and one more thing ive read the thread to do with our bypass and further on people are mentioning flutter and not t'ing into something called the fpr what this??

Fuel pressure regulator, some people take their dump valve vac source from the FPR, personally i took mine from the hose leading in to the DV after the N249. The FPR is on the end of the injector rail. If you get a leak at the fpr it can cause the engine to run lean

p210808103101.jpg

wicked that's cleared that up mate where did you get you hoese from and the little caps for those exposed pipes??

wicked that's where I have just purchased mine from
I will be hopefully doing this at the weekend
thanks for you help mate certainly has cleared a lot up for me now muchly appreciated
will let you know how I get on
have you noticed much with the car since doing this??

Other than the DV sounding a bit different (sounds more of a sharp crack rather than a whooooooosh) there isn't really a lot to be gained from it, just helps tidy the bay up a bit

well thanks for you help mate just ordered 2 of the 4mm caps so should be here end of the week ready for the weekend whoop can wait, then onto modding the engine cover so it will fit around my fmic pipes