Any Coding Experts?

RS5UK

Reaction score
Does anyone know how coding adaptation figures come about? Is it a matter of trial and error and seeing what different changes do or perhaps comparing vehicles with different configurations against each other or a mixture of these? Or is there a more structured approach to changing coding and channel values?

Adaptation figures are predetermined by vag for that given module abilities & what the cars systems fitted/supports if that's what you're asking.

Testing unknown numbering can have dyer consequences, so be warned.

Thanks for your answer. It's sort of what I was asking. What made me wonder about it was when coding my FL tail lights. How would someone determine what the values would be changed to?

Last edited:
Now that's the issue with the led tails on 8T, 8K, its not well documented & its not shown which channels in VCDS to change, making changes blind for these can kill modules or cause issues with the lights.

Almost all the info I could find pointed to one guy being able to do the coding remotely or going to Kufatec but I've found all the correct codes after a mammoth search and have the coding done so everything works perfectly.

I was just curious as to how the codes got figured out though.

Well process of elimination & looking at existing setups & comparing module versions, it takes a fair bit of collective time to figure things out.

Yes DavidB8 is the person whose known on the scene to do it remotely & charge for the privilege, others have questioned his ethics, but if he has indeed spent the time, then ideally he should benefit from his hard work, if its taken him 5 minutes to gain the knowledge, then maybe he shouldn't, whose to know, but at the end of the day, if he charges 50 bucks then its not exactly coining it.

I agree. I'm sure he put a lot of work in to it and I would have had no hesitation in paying him $50 to do it but the current price prompted me to research it more and I found exactly what I was looking for free of charge.