Help needed

vr6gordy

Reaction score
At the weekend I fitting my front coilovers and now I have a knocking sound .. Could it be I haven't lined the hole in the top mount with the hole in the rubber stop ?? Or could it be something else ?

Dude im affraid this happens on some coilovers. Changed all my arms. No different.

Live with it or go back. Or get expensive coilovers.

Mine r mid priced fk sportlines.
Should gone higher.

Check your control arms as a matter of course anyway.
What coilovers are they?

There fx ones and cost 365 so there not cheap ones

I put a new lower front rear arm on the drivers side on Sunday cos the ball joint was knackered so could it be the passenger side had also gone as the sound I here is coming from there .. Gonna look on Saturday

There fx ones and cost 365 so there not cheap ones

Yeah i paid roughly the same for mine.
Just had mot. All good.
****** knocking noise,

Beyond me as its all ok around that arear,so some how its got to b the coilovers.
Same noise since the day installed,5 months ago.

If it where the coilovers why is it only banging on one side surely it would bang on both

If it was the coilovers why it only banging one side

Had a look at my car this morning on my mates ramp turns out I did have the holes lined up at the top of the spring so put that right went for a drive an no more banging at all ... So glad cos I didn't want to take the car to bits again

Glad ur noise is sorted.
Bit of a dumb Q but could u explain more about holes n spring?
Im not with it?

Glad ur noise is sorted.
Bit of a dumb Q but could u explain more about holes n spring?
Im not with it?
well at the top of your spring you have a rubber mount the holds your spring in place on the rubber mount you have a little slot it the side of it witch should line up with hole in the metal plate

Ok cheers. Il be looking 2moz.
I'll be gobsmacked if thats been my problem all this time.

wind your coilovers right down so no tension is on the spring the you can move the rubber round easier and see the holes better