B5 1.8t Quattro Sport Tuning and Upgrades... Advice Please

Richy M

B5 1.8t Quattro Sport
Reaction score
Hi

I've just this month bought a 2000 A4 1.8 TQS. The car itself seems in very good condition inside and out but driving there is a few issues bothering me and i'm needing advice on.

My main issue is and i noticed it the night i picked it up was a very high bite point on the clutch pedal along with a slight judder when pulling away. The guy i bought it from was an audi mechanic so i contacted him the next day and he said the clutch had been changed so he didn't think it would be that but the release bearing hadn't been replaced so it could possibly be that. After a couple of more weeks i noticed the clutch would slip in 3rd, 4th and 5th when the car was cold, then sort itself out. Now its a total hit and miss, sometimes it will slip, 2 secs later its fine. I've read threads about the rear main seal leaking but i don't know. Anyway... my thoughts with this is to get a new clutch anyway, for the hassle to open it all up to find out whats going on, i don't want to do it twice. I plan to tune the car so I have been trying to find a good single mass flywheel conversion that's good for around 300bhp. Any advice on where, what or how to do it would be much appreciated.

Secondly brings me to tuning. Whats the deal with the AJL engine? It seems there is few threads on this engine and being a pain in the a*se to tune. The car came with a full resonated milltek exhaust system incl cat (turbo back) which after checking up on it seems to the proper deal so that's taken care of. I've heard the standard airbox is good for upto 300bhp so i'm not to worried about that side of things either. It's the turbo... It's seems to be the bottle neck in the picture. Another thread said you can use the the turbo from an S15 Nissan 200sx as an upgrade? Is this true and if so, do I need a new exhaust manifold to do it?

Any advice on the clutch, re-mapping or turbo would be much appreciated folks

Thanks

Hi Richy, welcome to audi-sport.net. Have a read over in the a4 section, lots of info in the faqs threads. Pop up a post with your questions in there. Enjoy the forum. :) x

I will add you onto the scottish members list. Contact brodster about mapping as he is shark dealer. :) x

www.brotek.co.uk - Home

Hi Richy, welcome to audi-sport.net. Have a read over in the a4 section, lots of info in the faqs threads. Pop up a post with your questions in there. Enjoy the forum. :) x

I will add you onto the scottish members list. Contact brodster about mapping as he is shark dealer. :) x

www.brotek.co.uk - Home

Thanks Sandra

I've contacted brotek and waiting on them getting back to me. I'll post this in the a4 section.

Thanks again

Richy

Reactions: Sandra
Richy, i have added you onto Scottish Members list, link below for our local meets section.. :) x

Scotland