Advice on cambelt change?

Gfermer

Reaction score
I've got a 59 plate s3 milage is 16800! I have just had it remapped by shark kinda custom stage 1 to give my clutch a chance till i change it next year as im saving for the other stuff i want anyways my plans were to wait till start of next year and get the cambelt and pump chanced so i can get some fresh oil in it aswell after it sitting about over winter ill only be using the car for another month max and only as a wekend toy but when the snow comes its getting tucked
up for winter I know It seems silly to some but I have a works car so won't need it, so the car won't be doing much more milage do you think it will be fine ? I see Audi say 5 years and alot more milage so I'm guessing it should be ok ? Oh and when I get my belt and pump done anything els I should get done? Haldex oil plugs etc oil filter etc were all just done a couple months back,

Huh, change cambelt on a car with 16800 miles, tbh I wouldn't & my question would be why such low mileage, unless you've owned from new, but if you're worried then just get it done next year.

Plugs at 40k usually, but as its mapped, maybe earlier & so you can see the effects the map has on them as I've seen some very bad state plugs on one S3 I swapped them out on & that was about 40k with a stutter which plugs fixed.

I'm in total agreement, but he's asking, if considering his scenario, if he should do the belts etc now or next year, considering its an 09, 16.8k & wont be using for 6 months or so from December onwards, for me with this scenario, I wouldn't bother until next year.

Cheers guys I'm just going to get it done next year when my car is back on the road bit ocd with my car I've had the plugs changed a couple of times went in for big service before it got mapped plugs oil Filters cam follower , haldex oil just belt and pump to get done now want to keep it well serviced