Audi a3 O2 sensor & oil change HELP!

ticketyboo90

Reaction score
Hi all, I own a a3 1.6 (poor engine, I know) 8v 52 plate with 76k on the clock! I have a engine management light on! I took it to the garage and the diagnostics said one fault only which was the O2 sensor ONE. He reset the computer than 2 days later the same thing! Which O2 sensor is that pre cat or past cat? I am also hoping to do a full oil change next week, as the previous owner didn't look after it and hasn't had it serviced in years. (I have also done air/pollen filters etc) I will be changing the filter, and cleaning and scrubbing the sump also. I have vw audi sealent for the sump as I am aware they prefer to use sealent and not the gasket itself? Is there anything Else I should be taking a look at/cleaning while the sump is off? Many thanks!

have a look in the stickies ..there is one for sump removal for the s3.

Last edited:
Bank one sensor one is pre cat sensor, bank one sensor two is after cat sensor

soak the sensor in vinegar for a few days, it cleaned my number 2 sensor up a treat & has been fully functional ever since

Thanks guys! I'd probley just replace it while I'm under the car! Don't know which pre cat sensor I need, there are Bosch ones on ebay but some are with cables that are 440mm and overs are 1200mm etc!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…