2019 RS3 first ride as passenger.

You’d lose a fortune on a car that new to trade in?

Is there no upshift fart? That’s a sad sad loss.

If you do trade in, buy an RS3.

I know that's the thing i wouldn't like to think how much i'd lose :crying:

If there is a up shift noise i can't hear it

I'd love one just don't think the wife would go along with it
as its her who drives it more than me .

I know that's the thing i wouldn't like to think how much i'd lose :crying:

If there is a up shift noise i can't hear it

I'd love one just don't think the wife would go along with it
as its her who drives it more than me .

I’d recommend not looking, it’s painful with new cars even when you get a decent discount.

Then you don’t have it, the S3’s used to have it really loud.

Hmm, take her to drive an RS3. The handling is night and day difference, much more special to drive coming out of a FL S3 myself. The soundtrack is unbelievable! No negatives really, I’d say equally as nickable just take the sameness precautions, servicing very comparable, brakes are double the cost though on the front axel....

Drive an RS3 and you won’t go back! Can’t be beaten! Don’t get a WTLP one, go for a pre-reg 67/18 plate. At least then if it costs you, you will be having a really good upgrade.

It will affect the Car industry mate as buyers of performance cars won't buy them.... This in turn will affect jobs in the industry... Dark times ahead for the car industry l think... Unless they find a way round these opm filters, high performance cars is where all car manufacturers make the most money from

Completely get that but I guess the car industry needs to adapt quickly. I’m a car enthusiast as much anyone on here but think every industry has to do something to help.

I’d recommend not looking, it’s painful with new cars even when you get a decent discount.

Then you don’t have it, the S3’s used to have it really loud.

Hmm, take her to drive an RS3. The handling is night and day difference, much more special to drive coming out of a FL S3 myself. The soundtrack is unbelievable! No negatives really, I’d say equally as nickable just take the sameness precautions, servicing very comparable, brakes are double the cost though on the front axel....

Drive an RS3 and you won’t go back! Can’t be beaten! Don’t get a WTLP one, go for a pre-reg 67/18 plate. At least then if it costs you, you will be having a really good upgrade.

Yep i'am not looking :wtf::puke2:

To be honest its my own fault as i bought it straight out of the showroom
without even test driving it . I owned a pfl s3 a few years back and thought it
would be on the lines of how that sounded . But you live and learn i guess .

To be honest i think we will keep the s3 for a while because apart from the sound its a cracking car .
For sure its no Rs3 tho .

To be honest i think we will keep the s3 for a while because apart from the sound its a cracking car .

Well the S3 does look amazing, so you’ve got that and it’s not exactly a rubbish car ;) I’ve driven both the PFL and FL (not the WTLP FL), both have different engine tones but the FL had the pops and bangs (bangs when the resonator was deleted) and that does add a lot to what can sometimes be a ‘flat’ note. However I still get videos up on my Snapchat memories of me starting the S3 and it sounds lovely it really does, real purrrr.

The RS3 is a lot more expensive when it comes to purchase, not really comparable in that sense. You will adjust to the car before you know it, get the resonator taken out (shouldn’t cost more than £100 at your average exhaust shop)... that really does transform it!

Well, the pre-WLTP S3 doesn't exactly sound great anyway. Mine is a 2015 car and a manual, so doesn't come with all the farts and pops on the upshift.

But, tbh, given the choice, I'd rather not have fake pops and farts on my car. Might be my age, but they just sound exactly what they are ..... fake.

Think you'd be mad swapping your S3 for an older S3, or even an RS3. The depreciation on your car would be horrendous.

Cheapest way to get better sound, it to get an after market exhaust. Just make your it a rumble rather than a rasp !

Reactions: NevMan
Well, the pre-WLTP S3 doesn't exactly sound great anyway. Mine is a 2015 car and a manual, so doesn't come with all the farts and pops on the upshift.

But, tbh, given the choice, I'd rather not have fake pops and farts on my car. Might be my age, but they just sound exactly what they are ..... fake.

Think you'd be mad swapping your S3 for an older S3, or even an RS3. The depreciation on your car would be horrendous.

Cheapest way to get better sound, it to get an after market exhaust. Just make your it a rumble rather than a rasp !
My MY18 S3 sounds better than my MY15 did even on start up its not just the addition of pops and farts
Heard a MY19 S3 start up in front of me yesterday in a fuel station forecourt it sounded exactly the same as my MY15 car did.....

Reactions: TYb, T-800, wab172uk and 1 other person
Well the S3 does look amazing, so you’ve got that and it’s not exactly a rubbish car ;) I’ve driven both the PFL and FL (not the WTLP FL), both have different engine tones but the FL had the pops and bangs (bangs when the resonator was deleted) and that does add a lot to what can sometimes be a ‘flat’ note. However I still get videos up on my Snapchat memories of me starting the S3 and it sounds lovely it really does, real purrrr.

The RS3 is a lot more expensive when it comes to purchase, not really comparable in that sense. You will adjust to the car before you know it, get the resonator taken out (shouldn’t cost more than £100 at your average exhaust shop)... that really does transform it!

I'd like a Rs3 as a weekend car more than a daily driver to be honest and it is 100% on the future goal list :yes:

Yeah i will more than likely do a res delete/cat back in the near future .

Apart from the sound were really happy with the car :icon thumright:

Reactions: AudiNutta

Were gonna keep the s3 pal

Yes i think changing the exhaust is the best way to go about it rather than trading it in :icon thumright:

:blink:Personally I'm not sure why everyone is obsessed with how loud the exhausts should be and comments that it's the death of performance cars just because they won't have loud exhausts I find pretty funny, surely a performance car is about its actual performance not its perceived performance because it makes a lot of noise, for me I will keep on buying the performance car I want and it will not be based on how loud it is but how fast/0-60/torque/power/handling etc etc, if all your interested in is noise then get a corsa and put a drain pipe on it :)

Reactions: GW1, T-800 and wab172uk
:blink:Personally I'm not sure why everyone is obsessed with how loud the exhausts should be and comments that it's the death of performance cars just because they won't have loud exhausts I find pretty funny, surely a performance car is about its actual performance not its perceived performance because it makes a lot of noise, for me I will keep on buying the performance car I want and it will not be based on how loud it is but how fast/0-60/torque/power/handling etc etc, if all your interested in is noise then get a corsa and put a drain pipe on it :)

Finally someone who speaks sense.

This argument has been raging since the RS3 8v model came out.

Then the 8.5v came out and you’d think the world had stopped turning or something.

Same old tosh being spoken about PFL is noisier therefore it’s the better car, same people judging a car by how much noise it makes.

Reactions: GW1 and NevMan
FL is the better car overall, however, the PFL to my ears (and many others) is the better sounding car and not just because it's louder... somehow, more of the 5-cylinder warble makes it into the cabin than the FL. For FL owners who have never been out in a PFL, I'd suggest you have a go.

I've always thought the PFL sounds more like how I'd imagine a 7-cylinder car to sound!

Reactions: Terminator x and NevMan
Noise is a big part of the purchase for me, with no noise (as in electric) the car is so flat emotionally that I'm not interested in the slightest. Electric cars are fast but **** imho for that reason.

TX.

Edit - take my ex RS4 as another example, so so fast and looked amazing but almost silent! Just couldn't gel with it.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: oli356, Mr Freeze, NevMan and 2 others
Noise is a big part of the purchase for me, with no noise (as in electric) the car is so flat emotionally that I'm not interested in the slightest. Electric cars are fast but **** imho for that reason.

TX.

Edit - take my ex RS4 as another example, so so fast and looked amazing but almost silent! Just couldn't gel with it.

'Couldn't' gel with it... past tense?! Have you got rid of it? and if so, what's the replacement?!

Reactions: FBF01 and NevMan
'Couldn't' gel with it... past tense?! Have you got rid of it? and if so, what's the replacement?!

C’mon @Doc, old news here, John swapped for M5 Performance Pack

C’mon @Doc, old news here, John swapped for M5 Performance Pack
I missed that!

Stunning car and seriously quick. Sounds good, but didn't fancy the E63S for ultimate noise?!

Ah I wasn’t the only one who didn’t know up until a couple of weeks ago :lmfao:

Was kept on the down low for sure ;) Can’t fault the replacement though.

Reactions: NevMan
I missed that!

Stunning car and seriously quick. Sounds good, but didn't fancy the E63S for ultimate noise?!
Ha ha you don't spend enough time on here @D0C ;) got a great deal on the BM so didn't even look at the Merc.

TX.

I think exhaust note is a big part of a performance car personally .

As a example i bought a mk5 golf R32 back in 07 purely for the noise it made
as performance wise it wasn't the best .
I totally get what you mean that 0-60/torque/power and handling is a big deal but i think sound ties in also .

But that is just my opinion :icon thumright:

Reactions: AudiNutta, D0C, NevMan and 1 other person
Ha ha you don't spend enough time on here @D0C ;) got a great deal on the BM so didn't even look at the Merc.

TX.

Can’t say I don’t spend enough time on here ;)

Very happy you didn’t go for the Merc, that would be unforgivable ;)

Are there any pictures of this monster?!?

Reactions: NevMan and Terminator x
Can’t say I don’t spend enough time on here ;)

Very happy you didn’t go for the Merc, that would be unforgivable ;)

Are there any pictures of this monster?!?
Just a couple as don't want to derail the topic ;)

TX.
170dcaad35e355d85a15254300c7cb4b.jpg
0caba2f9243779ab4c1a4fa6d9c69cb5.jpg
e3d762cbe707ce890a1a201e049647ff.jpg
896a92a4d0995ed3689c74382c43405c.jpg
d4bb104374242ce3fc3981f8163ae988.jpg

Reactions: Callum66, OCDaveS4, FBF01 and 7 others
Just a couple as don't want to derail the topic ;)

TX.
170dcaad35e355d85a15254300c7cb4b.jpg
0caba2f9243779ab4c1a4fa6d9c69cb5.jpg
e3d762cbe707ce890a1a201e049647ff.jpg
896a92a4d0995ed3689c74382c43405c.jpg
d4bb104374242ce3fc3981f8163ae988.jpg

Holyyyyy ......

I’m in love :lmfao:

I think you’ve nailed that! The engine carbon is to die for ;)

The new 5 Series is stunning in any form then you go and drop that :O

Reactions: Terminator x and NevMan
Holyyyyy ......

I’m in love :lmfao:

I think you’ve nailed that! The engine carbon is to die for ;)

The new 5 Series is stunning in any form then you go and drop that :O
Not bothered about carbon under the hood BUT THOSE ALLOYS!! Me want !!

Reactions: Terminator x and AudiNutta
My FL S3 is over 2 years old now but it definitely got louder after about 3k miles, maybe the RS will be similar? Mine definitely pops and farts. Although @tigerhonaker RS is still low mileage and sounds like it’s making all the right noises.
My wifes 2014 S3 is as quiet as a dead mouse compared to my 2017 rs3 saloon