2017 Avant 2.0TDI 190 Ultra Sport Wheel Swap

Roarsman

Reaction score
All,
I'm just buying a 2017 B9 A4 Avant 2.0 190 TDi Sport Ultra with standard Sport spec 17" (7.5j x 17) 5 spoke alloy wheels (225/50/17 Tyres), and would like to swap them with ones from the equivalent S Line (8j x 18) with 245/40 /18 Tyres.
Will this need any consideration in terms of offset, spacers, gearing issues, or is it straight swap as you are merely trading a larger wheel size with a lower profile tyre; and the extra 1/2 inch width makes no odds? I couldn't readily see this as an existing forum item so apologies if well known, but would appreciate advice.
Many thanks

On car now..

To be replaced with..

Pretty sure that if the ones you are getting are also from a B9 A4 which they look like they are it’s a straight swap.

Reactions: Ioan Furdui
Thanks for the answer, my thoughts also. Yes the replacment S Line wheels are from a B9 of the same year.

R

You may have considered this...but bigger wheels do affect noise and comfort quite drastically.

I have the exact same "snowflake" wheels in your top pic, a couple of years ago my car was at the dealers for several months, and I had a brand new S-line A4 with 19inch wheels (granted an inch larger) and the difference in road noise and general comfort was striking. The Ultra has lowered sport suspension also as standard, so I don't think it could be the typical S-line suspension difference either!

Last edited:
All,
I'm just buying a 2017 B9 A4 Avant 2.0 190 TDi Sport Ultra with standard Sport spec 17" (7.5j x 17) 5 spoke alloy wheels (225/50/17 Tyres), and would like to swap them with ones from the equivalent S Line (8j x 18) with 245/40 /18 Tyres.
Will this need any consideration in terms of offset, spacers, gearing issues, or is it straight swap as you are merely trading a larger wheel size with a lower profile tyre; and the extra 1/2 inch width makes no odds? I couldn't readily see this as an existing forum item so apologies if well known, but would appreciate advice.
Many thanks

On car now..
View attachment 235306
To be replaced with..
View attachment 235307
I just removed the ones u want off my car last week and may sell if ur looking