2016 Map Update

jaypers777

Reaction score
Is out everyone. Happy downloading.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jay_A
That's odd .... map update seems to be missing from my available connect services. Any ideas ?

I'm getting it by logging into My Audi under service.....map update. "Europe 2016"

Reactions: Rob2k68
I'm getting it by logging into My Audi under service.....map update. "Europe 2016"

I've logged into my Audi but under my services I get news, picture destination and a few others but no map update - very odd it was there last time. Maybe I'm under connect services which is the wrong area ?

I'll try again tomorrow otherwise it'll be a few phone calls on Monday I think.

Cheers for your help.

I've logged into my Audi but under my services I get news, picture destination and a few others but no map update - very odd it was there last time. Maybe I'm under connect services which is the wrong area ?

I'll try again tomorrow otherwise it'll be a few phone calls on Monday I think.

Cheers for your help.

Same here - no sign of map updates. Let me know if you find a resolution.

After sorting the problem I had with my.audi being in German eventually, it appears I can see the update! Had to go in My Service then it showed a link on the right noting the update, clicked through and it's on the next page.

Thanks for the heads up!

image_zps9yinuovx.png

Same here - no sign of map updates. Let me know if you find a resolution.

Yes will do ! Gonna try and see if the cars logged into connect to see if that makes a difference.

This is really odd ! I've just filled in an Audi Connect User Management page and verified my details via a pin number sent to my mobile thinking this would solve it which it didn't then just deleted my vehicle from MyAudi and then added it back in - the only thing that done was to give me a new PIN number for the car. All this after making sure my car was signed into Connect in the first instance so that's not the issue either.

Running out of ideas .......

Possible stupid question from someone who hasn't took delivery yet........... Me!

I am expecting to take delivery of my s3 saloon within the next week or 2 and I'm unsure whether the latest map will be installed on the sat nav. I did not spec the tech pack so if the latest map isn't pre loaded, is it a case of downloading from myAudi and dragging and dropping on to the SD card via my laptop?

@Phil13 I would expect the dealer to update anything as part of PDI? I collect my S3 on Tuesday and will ask to confirm this update has been done? That said I assume its the same for SD NAV to Tech pack?

The last time attempted to go far on that ficky MyConnect website and try the Map update I encountered errors when it came down to loading the Java applet. Tried it on several different PCs which all ended up with a similar error. Not sure if this works for everyone.

I've done two updates up to now using the exact same method wierd that all of a sudden the map update option is not available.

Even when there is no update available I've still had the widget on the list of services.

This is really odd ! I've just filled in an Audi Connect User Management page and verified my details via a pin number sent to my mobile thinking this would solve it which it didn't then just deleted my vehicle from MyAudi and then added it back in - the only thing that done was to give me a new PIN number for the car. All this after making sure my car was signed into Connect in the first instance so that's not the issue either.

Running out of ideas .......
I cant find it on myn , tried all the same stuff as you

I cant find it on myn , tried all the same stuff as you

Can see a call to Audi in the morning if it doesn't miraculously appear over night. I've even tried going in on the German and U.S sites !!

Can see a call to Audi in the morning if it doesn't miraculously appear over night. I've even tried going in on the German and U.S sites !!
Careful! I went onto the German site a few months back by accident and it took me about 20 logins to get English back!

Is this download only available if you have the audi connect? I have the basic sd card nav and it will not let me onto the map update part of the site so although I thought I could get two updates FOC, perhaps not?

Is this download only available if you have the audi connect? I have the basic sd card nav and it will not let me onto the map update part of the site so although I thought I could get two updates FOC, perhaps not?
Definitely available if you don't have connect, as I don't have the service but can see the updates. I do have the Tech Pack High option though.

According to the site, I get the first five updates required after the version that the vehicle came with.

I have the tech pack mate nothing on my Audi for me

My car came with outdated maps from the factory so I updated immediately and have once more to ECE 2015/16 so should have at least 3 more updates. Maybe the servers overloaded or something ?

I don't have connect, try deleting all your cookies and resigning in. I also used IE.....

Tried both Firefox and IE or Edge whatever it's called these days.

My special destinations for adding POIs has also vanished so it's basically the second page missing from Wondering Souls post #8 above.

@Wondering Soul what was it that you clicked on please just in case I'm missing something ? Cheers.

@Rob2k68 Immediately after logging in, I am shown an update box on the right of the screen, there is a link below it titled 'To service..' when clicked I get taken to the page listed in my previous post. See below for an image of what I see immediately after logging in (note the information on the right side of the screen) and then the page I get shown after clicking 'To service..'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one - thanks for that ;o)

That widget thing is completely missing from mine. Gonna call it a day now I think ..... the fridge is calling got a few cold ciders in there.

Reactions: Wondering Soul
@Rob2k68 sounds like a good plan! Give Audi a call in the morning and see if they can help you out!

Random but just realised how huge those pictures are..I hate our work computers so bad!

I think this may well be the last map update I'm allowed for free, which sucks, but there we go. A roundabout at the end of my road that has been there since I picked up the car still hasn't appeared on the maps. You would have thought if they were going to charge such a huge amount for updates after the free ones they'd at least make sure they got new junctions and roads on there in a timely manner.

@Rob2k68 Immediately after logging in, I am shown an update box on the right of the screen, there is a link below it titled 'To service..' when clicked I get taken to the page listed in my previous post. See below for an image of what I see immediately after logging in (note the information on the right side of the screen) and then the page I get shown after clicking 'To service..'.

View attachment 73125

Careful, you really really shouldn't be displaying that pin number to all! Technically anyone can link their car up to your account now and delete/change stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this may well be the last map update I'm allowed for free, which sucks, but there we go. A roundabout at the end of my road that has been there since I picked up the car still hasn't appeared on the maps. You would have thought if they were going to charge such a huge amount for updates after the free ones they'd at least make sure they got new junctions and roads on there in a timely manner.
Several roads in my area that are like this. Luckily the cul-de-sac I live on appeared on my map the first time I did an update as it was missing before. First update I did was titled 2015/2016 Update and was the first I saw available on my.audi since picking the car up in January 2014. There are however several junctions with a slightly different layout that have yet to be amended in the latest update I've done (2016 Update just released) and a couple new adjoining roads by work that aren't listed either. I do wonder how they go about updating this information to be honest, half the road signs where I live have information on them that has been invalid for 5-10 years so don't hold much hope for the digital world either!

Possible stupid question from someone who hasn't took delivery yet........... Me!

I am expecting to take delivery of my s3 saloon within the next week or 2 and I'm unsure whether the latest map will be installed on the sat nav. I did not spec the tech pack so if the latest map isn't pre loaded, is it a case of downloading from myAudi and dragging and dropping on to the SD card via my laptop?

You only get online map updates with the Tech Pack so I'd make sure you have the latest maps when you collect the car as you'll be paying for any more updates I'm afraid.

Just to add to all the other responses here - I have the widgets thing but not the map updates. There are no more widgets available to add however. It did work previously but has now disappeared.

Careful, you really really shouldn't be displaying that pin number to all! Technically anyone can link their car up to your account now and delete/change stuff
Doubtful as I don't have Audi Connect in my car! Today is the first instance that box has ever been visible to me!

So I've just put a call into Audi Customer Services 0800 689888 explained the issue and am now waiting for a call back within the next couple of hours ......

Reactions: Wondering Soul and glospete
So he tried fobbing my off saying that it's not available on my car despite me saying that I've done it twice before and that my mate with the same car has done it over the weekend (little white lie meaning you guys) - despite that he referred me back to my dealer. I told him to expect a follow up call from me tomorrow. His name was Mark in case anyone else gives them a ring.

Reactions: glospete and Wondering Soul