2014 S3 Coolant System Fault

BMcK

Reaction score
I have been having issues with my engine cooling system recently. Identified faulty coolant temp sensor and coolant level sensor with OBD. Removed and replaced both of these parts and refilled system.

I am now getting the following fault codes displayed: Engine Coolant Level Sensor (P255600) / Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor (P011600) / Engine Coolant Bypass Valve Control (P268100).

I have had the bypass valve/connections checked and all seems to be in good working order. When I start the car up from cold and the engine temp reaches 50°C the exterior cooling fans come on full blast and bring the engine temp straight back down. I'm thinking it could be a possible thermostat issue. Thought I'd check to see if anyone else has experienced this.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, Cheers

If new sensors have been fitted & you're using a tool that does allow them to clear, then I'd look at a common denominator for them both, without checking schematics could be wire issue.

I'd consider unplugging fitted sensor, temp plug in a known working sensor, doesnt need to be fitted to into the pipe, just too see if diag shows it still as disconnected.

Also could have air pocket in the system after refilling, speculation remotely tbh.

Reactions: BMcK
If new sensors have been fitted & you're using a tool that does allow them to clear, then I'd look at a common denominator for them both, without checking schematics could be wire issue.

I'd consider unplugging fitted sensor, temp plug in a known working sensor, doesnt need to be fitted to into the pipe, just too see if diag shows it still as disconnected.

Also could have air pocket in the system after refilling, speculation remotely tbh.
Thanks for your reply mate. Will try this tomorrow and get back to you