2014 RS4 hesitation on part throttle

Mk2zetec

Reaction score
Hi
I'm hoping someone can help me
I have a 2014 RS4 that has a hesitation on part throttle openings at around 2-3000rpm.
its ****** irritating.
Wider throttle openings are fine - it pulls cleanly. But on a part throttle in a higher gear it's a few seconds of stuttering...not a misfire

It's been in the dealers this week as I had a sport differential failure warning. It's also had an annoying fault that it drops into sports mode on its own - that's usually followed by a more serious misfire/hesitation

I had the Audi assist people out when the diff warning came on and the car had an error log of communication error?

Audi's view on the hesitation - it's a characteristic of the engine - they all do it. I think that's boll**ks - unless it's a mapped in problem to reduce with noise or emissions at a point where it measured by some ridiculous European Union directive. In all fairness to the dealer they have taken off the inlet manifold to check for problems but nothing obvious.

Anyone else had this?
Is it a characteristic of the engine?

Cheers
Rob

Can't help but had VX do the same to me on a past car.
Hope you get things sorted. The dealers or on here will probably be more use the Audi. They've got bigger problems just now!