2014 Audi A3 S Line 3dr 1.4 TFSI 150 CoD - Manual

K4MR4N

Reaction score
Hello everyone, first post here, anyone got this exact car?

Can you give me overall Positives and Negatives of this car please and what is fuel economy like.

I may get this car coming from a 2013 Astra Elite.

Thanks..

Hi and welcome, i have a 2016 above Model, had an A1 before, only con for me is not being an S3 :) It's a very nice and sensible car to drive.

...And why only "might" be getting this car..? There is no "Elite" in Astra :)

Hi and welcome, i have a 2016 above Model, had an A1 before, only con for me is not being an S3 :) It's a very nice and sensible car to drive.

...And why only "might" be getting this car..? There is no "Elite" in Astra :)

lol I am young driver, this has a smaller engine that the 1.6 Astra I am coming from. But ofcourse due to it being turbo and 150bhp its destroys the astra which does 0 to 60 in 12.5 , this - 8.1 !!

I am coming from the astra beacuse I need a car for long term, and it needs good fuel economy and performance, this audi checks the performance box but wonder what fuel economy is like .. I am getting 230ish miles on full tank from the Astra 1.6 Auto local driving

Haha, well i've been driving since February last year and am on 6,7 Liters per 100km (Motorway, Country road and Town equal mix) here in Germany which should be about 35 mpg i think.
It's good enough for me and i don't drive like an old biddy. In my A1 which was a 90 bhp i was on about 7.1 Liters so about 33 mpg.

I say go for it and pictures when it's done :)

I've got a month old fl 1.4 cod manual and getting easily low to mid 40 mpg, drove it like a grandad once and got 52mpg! Fast and economical very happy indeed :)

I had a Polo GT which had the 150bhp engine and now have an A3 with the 140bhp engine (2013my) - can't tell the difference in performance between either and both average at 43mpg on my 8 mile commute each day (40mph average).
I filled up 2 weeks ago today, done 180 miles and still have just over 1/2 tank left :)

only negative i'd say as you're a young driver is it'll be unexciting to drive - not saying it's poor but it's so refined, smooth, quiet?

I think I should be fine in terms of being a young driver and wanting a sporty car, I love the shape of the 3dr cos the way the rear end looks, I am sure that it being a huge upgrade from Astra It will be good for me. I want more driver involvment too as in manual gearbox so that another reason its better for me than astra.

What reliability like you guys reckon? it is 64 plate petrol. I don't want to keep maintaining it as I think its a fairly new car only 12K miles on the clock.

What engine is in the Astra?
I've had 3 Astras (2011 - 2014my) with the last being a 1.4Turbo VX-Line - not bad looking with the 19"s + bodykit, nice interior but soooo slow and quite thirsty.
The Astra was also 140bhp but compared to the A3 140bhp is in a totally different league - the Astra was always in a lower gear or 2 going up hills where the A3 coasts along with ease.

The 64 plate A3 you're looking at will still have upto 1 years warranty left so you shouldn't have any big bills, servicing if it's on variable could be every 2 years, MPG you should get around 40mpg in town - 50+mpg on a run, tax is £20-£30 a year (140bhp is £20, i think the 150bhp could be £30?)

I've had my 2013 with 21k for 3-4 weeks and love it - previous Golf MK7 1.4GT i had for 4 weeks and was never exited about it?

One con i would actually say is the hideous wheel spin in 1st, 2nd and even start of 3rd gear without the Quattro option, especially on wet roads.
Wish i would have specced it.

i had a pair of Hankooks fitted last weekend - wet grip is A and it's improved grip a heck of a lot :)

What engine is in the Astra?
I've had 3 Astras (2011 - 2014my) with the last being a 1.4Turbo VX-Line - not bad looking with the 19"s + bodykit, nice interior but soooo slow and quite thirsty.
The Astra was also 140bhp but compared to the A3 140bhp is in a totally different league - the Astra was always in a lower gear or 2 going up hills where the A3 coasts along with ease.

The 64 plate A3 you're looking at will still have upto 1 years warranty left so you shouldn't have any big bills, servicing if it's on variable could be every 2 years, MPG you should get around 40mpg in town - 50+mpg on a run, tax is £20-£30 a year (140bhp is £20, i think the 150bhp could be £30?)

I've had my 2013 with 21k for 3-4 weeks and love it - previous Golf MK7 1.4GT i had for 4 weeks and was never exited about it?

i am coming from 1.6L , yeah performance is bad man Im strugling to pick up speed on motorways when wanting to overtake, fuel econonmy is very bad get like 21-25mpg arounf town. my astra is 115bhp lol so going to 150bhp audi will kick me up the bum with foot down and should be great on motorway.
The tax is Band B an £20 as oposed to £210 from astra.

I had 2 x 1.6 Astra SRis - yep acceleration was dire, trying to pick up speed took ages but once there they did coast along ok.
You'll find the A3 picks up so smoothly and quickly with the turbo :)

question. i have never experienced driving with an Electronic Parking brake system, the audi I am geting soon has that P button. Do i have to use it a lot? or is it clever to kick in or something when I am on a steep hill on standstill

I'm still figuring out how mine works - had it on the last Astra and hated it - slowly getting used to it on the A3 now.
When parking up pull the switch back and it'll engage the handbrake (you can hear a slight whirr from the rear brakes) and the button will light up.
When setting off on a flat i usually push button down while using footbrake and it'll disengage handbrake but this week i've been setting off with handbrake engaged and it automatically releases handbrake.
On a hill it seems to have a hill hold feature? while stopped at light, etc i never use handbrake button i keep on the footbrake (don't trust electronics even though i probably pee off the car behind with the brake lights) - as soon as i set off i swap to accelerator pedal but the brake is still holding until i stat moving forwards (doesn't roll back straight away)

Lol if it's got that A for hill assist then try it pressing it and go on a bit of steep hill with no one around and let go of brake pedal . It should keep u from rolling .

My Audi won't be on the road in a while yet as it's actually a purchased as a CATd salvage so need to get the body repaired .. once it's all ready and cleaned up I'll make sure to produce some nice pics ..

no i meant i think it has hill assist where it holds the car for a couple of seconds from lifting off the footbrake so you have time to start accelerating - not so it holds all the time

[
QUOTE="robby, post: 2944433, member: 2633"]no i meant i think it has hill assist where it holds the car for a couple of seconds from lifting off the footbrake so you have time to start accelerating - not so it holds all the time[/QUOTE]

Ah I see.
Does this cod model come with SatNav as standard or option ?.. also does it have aux ?

Mine has the sat nav but i believe they come "sat nav prepared" which means you have to upgrade it at around £600 (SD card, coding, etc) - not that great a system as it's card based (old maps) so you're better with a tomtom with free lifetime updates for around £100 :)

Hm.. I'll just use Google Maps on phone lol.. does the 2 cupholders illuminate in yours? Or is that another option

Hmm.. I guess I just have to wait till mine arrives to see extactly what options have been added.. is there any other way of seeing exact spec of options configured to the car from Audi ? I tried linking the Reg to Myaudi UK website but it not letting me :expressionless:

Na says reg and postcode , it finds the car .. but says unable to join it

Strange because when I try to add another vehicle into 'My Vehicles' it asks for it's vin number, nothing else...

Car is here, But I purchased it with body damage to O/S , inside is clean condition, I don't think it has light pack. my god what an upgrade over the astra, even though the astra had couple more features (heated seats, front sensors) i still think just by sitting in it it feels a league above.