2013 A3 MFSW fitted to B6 Cab

VagCabby

Reaction score
Just finished fitting a 2013 Audi A3 Chunky MFSW with chrome trimmed buttons to my Cab. I have had a non MFSW B7 DTM wheel fitted to my Cab for over a year now but then this popped up on eBay cheap.

It's from a car that had done less than 5 k miles so its in as new condition with no ware to the leather, unfortunately what I didn't realise is that the A3 wheels use a different airbag to the A4 B7/B8 so my DTM bag didn't fit. I managed to buy a A3 bag in perfect condition for it though.

Luckly I already had a Q SWCM fitted from when I fitted cruise control along with an A Slipring so I was all set for Multifunction controls. Got the wheel fitted and had a pig of a job getting the controls to work, found out I had it wired up as an A3 which is different to the A4 wiring. Re made the airbag loom with the Multifunction loom, coded everything up and cleared all the codes and now everything works as it should including voice commands! (Although I need to fit a mic for me to actually respond) Well happy.

I have made a diagram for the Multifunction loom for anyone that may need it in the future

Photos of the wheel fitted

My B7 DTM steering wheel is for sale in the for sale section if anyone is interested.

So is there a way to activate voice on cabs? My stock multifunction wheel has the speak button (b7 s4 cab) but it says no function when pressed.

I don't know why mine works, once I had coded up everything I tried each button, the only one that doesn't do anything is MODE, that just says no function.
When pressing the voice button I get a beep and that's when you say the command, if you press it again it starts talking you through all the voice commands that can be used like it, for example spelling out towns and road names for the satnav instead if inputting them in manually, unfortunately I don't have factory Bluetooth so unable to talk to it yet! But I will be fitting a mic to it soon and keep you updated

My brother in law has a A5 Cab which says no function when pressing the SDS button. Apparently cabs were disabled from factory, all that needs is to be activated from VCDS.

Details here on setting it up
http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=151

Yeah she has fuel in her now haha