2009 audi a3 lurch when slowing to a stop

Tiefman

Reaction score
Car: 2009 audi a3 2.0t - automatic
Miles: 97,000

My problem:

-Just got this a3 a few days ago, and began to notice a lurch when the car slows to a stop, feeling as if its rocking back and forth. No strange noises or engine lights, just the strange judder when coasting or breaking to a stop.

What I did to troubleshoot:

- put the car into manual mode when I was stopped, and began to slowly drive at ~ 5 miles per hour. I would then get off the gas, and the car would begin to slow down as if there was a brake applied - down to 1100 rpm. It would then sit very briefly at 1100 rpm, and then coast as it would with none of the "resistance" that I mentioned above. Engine braking?

-after doing the above, I repeated the same tests but with second gear. Same "reistance" alternating on and off, but maybe a bit worse? Downshifting to first produced the same thing mentioned above - not sure if at 1100rpm, the car manually downshifts regardless around there, so I cant be certian.

Reseach I have done:

-I did a lot of research and heard people with similar cars had simialr issues, mentioning things like DSG and needing to flash it, or upgrade its software. Im not much of a car guy, but i sort of understand that a DSG will drive more and feel more like a manual... but something about mt problem; i know its not right.

-I also heard a lot of people talking about their cars doing this lurch when slowing down in low gear, but also having other issues with accelerating, or maybe the car putting itself in nutral or flashing PRNDS on screen. Mine isnt doing any of these, just the lurch on slow sown in low gear.

I suspect an issue with the DSG, but all I know is people with DSG issues have had similar issues.

Please help

Good morning
Did you bought it of dealer... if so let them sort it out for you

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Good morning
Did you bought it of dealer... if so let them sort it out for you

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. Taking it to the dealer is something I will think about doing, but until then, I want to understand what the problem is.

Is there any history of theDSG being serviced?
I'll be honest they are not the smoothest of gearboxes especially in auto and slowing down. I bet if you manually change gears higher up in the rev range it will be a lot smoother.