2.0tfsi best exhaust?

Ste sri

Reaction score
I've searched but coming to dead ends always found milltek good but YouTube vids don't really show it to make it any noisier.

What's the most recommended?

What are you looking for in an exhaust? I have a cat back Milltek resonated system on my 2.0TFSI. Slightly more bass on idle, but certainly not intrusive. Noticeably louder when coming on boost but again easy to live with. Expensive but very high build quality.

Next step for me is a high flow cat which will no doubt make it a little louder.

The lads up at Dählbeck tuning Dahlbäck Racing AB recommended Milltek to me too. The offer their own revised downpipe which improves it even more.....11,000 SEK fitted...which is about £1,100 of your Engrish pounds!...am pretty sure it's a cheaper in the Old Country by a good bit too.....Go for Milltek my Man!

Cheers
A

What are you looking for in an exhaust? I have a cat back Milltek resonated system on my 2.0TFSI. Slightly more bass on idle, but certainly not intrusive. Noticeably louder when coming on boost but again easy to live with. Expensive but very high build quality.

Next step for me is a high flow cat which will no doubt make it a little louder.

More of a grumble when pottering about, with a nice roar when it's opened up. Don't want it stupidly loud as I've got a 10month old

The Milltek won't disturb the little one. I went with the resonated system which is quieter. I don't think you will be disappointed mate.

More of a grumble when pottering about, with a nice roar when it's opened up. Don't want it stupidly loud as I've got a 10month old

A grumble...you'll be wanting a V8 then! Seriously, that's the problem isn't it, you want it to perform and give you those extra horses it will need be a little more noisier than standard, and of course you don't want it to sound like a need for speed wagon when you use it as your daily ride.

Why don't you track down your nearest exhaust supplier and check the exhaust out in the flesh so to speak.

Cheers
A

Cheers lads, I've always liked the sound of milltek but YouTube vids weren't showing much of a difference, I'll check it out.

Really struggling to find parts for the b7 guessing their not favourable to chase power in?

Cheers lads, I've always liked the sound of milltek but YouTube vids weren't showing much of a difference, I'll check it out.

Really struggling to find parts for the b7 guessing their not favourable to chase power in?

They generally are easy to come by in terms of parts for tuning or anything for that matter.

Think you looking at the wrong sites :happy:

Whack a de cat pipe on it. Made mine way more responsive and give it a nice sound when ya boot it but also retains the standard sound when ya pottering about. Just have the lambda sensor mapped out or put a spacer on it so it doesn't throw up the engine warning light. Also an mot tester that likes a few beers always helps ;)

Whack a de cat pipe on it. Made mine way more responsive and give it a nice sound when ya boot it but also retains the standard sound when ya pottering about. Just have the lambda sensor mapped out or put a spacer on it so it doesn't throw up the engine warning light. Also an mot tester that likes a few beers always helps ;)

Im with you on this one. ^^ considering you gain about 10-15hp from a decat. Considering a miltek is like £700+ and a waste of money personally but i wont get into that...

You can get a 3inch decat pipe fitted for under £300 easy.

They generally are easy to come by in terms of parts for tuning or anything for that matter.

Think you looking at the wrong sites :happy:

From what I can find exhaust and remap are the only options?

Any links for other mods? I'm just coming up with blanks.

From what I can find exhaust and remap are the only options?

Any links for other mods? I'm just coming up with blanks.

A good remap will gave you more smiles for yer £.....then an exhaust....that's the way to do it imho.....you'll love a remap....totally transforms the 2.0t driving experience. Get that first and see the difference, then if you want more , then go the exhaust route, then bigger turbo....then you'll need a hd clutch, then beefier brakes and suspension....and then you'll really start breaking the piggy bank!hahahaha The modding bug will have finally kicked in!

BR
A

I've had the modding bug for years never had a standard car :) remap is on the cards thoughOne thing I'm not sure about and I'll probably sound stupid... Mines an auto so how much power will it handle? I know how upgrading clutch/flywheel on manuals but I honestly don't know how an auto is put together.

I've had the modding bug for years never had a standard car :) remap is on the cards thoughOne thing I'm not sure about and I'll probably sound stupid... Mines an auto so how much power will it handle? I know how upgrading clutch/flywheel on manuals but I honestly don't know how an auto is put together.

The auto boxes arent the best. But it should handle a chip and exhaust extra quite well.

To comment on mods besides exhaust and chip.

You can do the usual as you can with any turbo car. Front mount intercooler, uprated turbo kit ie Ko4 turbo conversion which you can get bolt on kits and make around 330hp +, decat, intake, uprated S4 brakes

Theres a world of tuning options just depends on your pocket size.

The auto boxes arent the best. But it should handle a chip and exhaust extra quite well.

To comment on mods besides exhaust and chip.

You can do the usual as you can with any turbo car. Front mount intercooler, uprated turbo kit ie Ko4 turbo conversion which you can get bolt on kits and make around 330hp +, decat, intake, uprated S4 brakes

Theres a world of tuning options just depends on your pocket size.

Cheers for the help. I looked into fmic and could only find kits in America, only other option was universal kits which I'm not keen on.

Cheers for the help. I looked into fmic and could only find kits in America, only other option was universal kits which I'm not keen on.

Ive made my own intercooler piping and bought an intercooler that will handle 45 psi. Minus abit of welding for the map sensor and the diverter relocation for the k04, Bought samco hosing all round, stands me at £400.