brakes

deac666

Reaction score
Hi all when bleeding the brakes using a gunson easy bleed the fluid was only coming out really slow even with the nipple open loads. does the engine have to be running whilst doing the bleeding. the brake pedal is not really very firm. I thought that it would have quite a solid feel to the pedal. the car does need discs and pads could this be making this softness happen. I have a clutch issue so need not sort this before doing the discs and pads. just incase its a new clutch job could the two be related. any advise greatly received. also only just got the car 2002 A3 tqs

Cheers jon

Will not solve your initial problem, but i believe you should only 10 - 15 psi; any more and you risk exploding your brake fluid reservoir.

As said, 20 psi is too much... You bleed the clutch to?

Hi all. I bled the brakes in order of pas rear, driver rear, pas front, driver front, then the clutch. brake pedal is still really soft and you have to push quite hard for it to really start stopping. there is not real bite when you press the brake pedal which I thought there should be. could it be the pads and discs causing this as they are quite bad.

cheers jon

i think you can also blead the master cylinder? do a search for that.

cheers
ps did mine at 20 fluid was slow as well, dont open nipple to much about a 1/4 turn is enough as you can draw air in if u open it too muck

thanks for that. ive started to strip of the calipers and clean them up ready for new discs and pads, so just waiting for them to turn up and will do a full bleed brakes clutch and mc. will let you know the outcome.

Cheers jon